Ferrari - Are they making a mistake?

Brogan said:
Of all the stuff I've read about the McLaren/Hamilton/Alonso affair in 2007, that has to be the maddest.

trust me to come up with an original point of view :) i blame this holiday bro.

no, but seriously. what i tried to say, is that from a financial point of view, nando was a operational expense. returning costs to maintain a system or a hired employee in this case. of course they paid him a whole lotta money but already from day 1 the main interest from macca was on LH. cos thats where the long term interest was. when you look at the theory in these cases, and then translate this to F1 and the LH/nando situation, then the role of nando was to support LH. LH is capital expenditure, which means he IS the system.

the whole subject of driver equality therefor does not make any sense from that point of view. nando (nor heikki when you look at it from a business point of view) were or are long term prospects for macca and their role is that of an employee. LH is something else.

my statement about nando not winning races was to make this point clear. obviously i failed :)

i try hard to find an equal situation and the only one i can come up with is michael at ferrari. michael was ferrari and whoever the second driver was made no difference.

Anyone know who McLaren have lined up as their next Lewis Hamilton?

The build up for Lewis was massive. I suppose, from a media perspective, partly because of his skin colour but also because McLaren had had him "on their books" from the age of 10 which does back up Boga's point to some extent. They had probably invested more in LH's career than any other team ever has with any other driver. The only parallel I can think of was the Mercedes driver academy, Schumie, Frentzen and Wendlinger. Strange that none of them won a GP with a Mercedes powered car.

Back
Top Bottom