Felipe Massa

Brilliant driver on his day but is he championship material?

In 2008 he proved he was but thats only one occassion, plus that season the Ferrari TBH was a bit quicker and won more races that season. In 2009 he nearly suffered a career ending head-injury and since coming to back to the grid he hasn't really shown that promise he did in 2008.

Don't get me wrong he's a driver i very much like, but i do wonder if he'll be a title challenger again for Ferrari season in season out or if he'll stay at Ferrari much longer?

Whats your thoughts on Massa?

Granny_Racer.jpg

Just noticed when i looked at the current drivers standings that apart form the drivers from HRT, Marussia, and Caterham, Massa still hasen't scored a point yet whilst his teammate is on 37 points.

I think the quote about Massa refers to the Ferrari car not to his pace to alonso. the Ferrari is very poor even against a Sauber or a Williams

If Massa wants to leave with his dignity he should go before he is pushed

Today was a bit more of the truer pace of the two Ferrari drivers in dry conditions

Sepang was a freak result but then some say wet weather shows more about a drivers skill and Massa was woeful

It is sad to see Felipe like this

I can only see him ever going back to Sauber because they tend to be loyal to their drivers however Peter Sauber is thinking of retiring and the team needs sponsorship money

This could truly be the end of Felipe unless he really wants to be racing at the back soon

I know it's not a reliable source but I've just been listening to a podcast of Fighting Talk and one of the journo's on there said that Felipe had until Monaco to prove worth otherwise he's out. Be interesting to see, Ferrari don't often sack drivers mid-season.

He's been walking on the plank since 2010 when Kubica was linked ....looks like they are ready getting the shark pool ready at Maranello now.

If they can;t get Perez then I see either gambling on Kubica or prizing Bianchi from Force India.

At the moment Kubica is simply a no-go and I would expect that to be the case until at least the end of the season. It sounds like his part in the outing in the rally car was fairly gentle so there is a long way to go yet.

then I think it will have to Bianchi if they want a rookie in the other car unless Ferrari want Perez and would simply swap him with Felipe

Is Fisichella Ferrari's reserve driver still ?

On the BBC interview at the weekend Perez was asked about a move to Ferrari. He replied that not having a full season there he would not be able to give 100% to the team, so he would not make a move to Ferrari or anyone else. Pretty conclusive I would think (although this is F1 we are talking about:)).

As far as Fisichella is concerned according to Wikipedia he was replaced as test driver by Bianchi and is now currently a Ferrari test driver or he is not according to which paragraph you read. According to his profile on the Ferrari web site the latest is "Fisichella remains as Ferrari's reserve driver for 2010 despite looking for a full time drive". I feel sure that if he were to be asked he would take it like a shot.

If they can;t get Perez then I see either gambling on Kubica or prizing Bianchi from Force India.

The problem with Bianchi is that he has not look as impressive as his rep has made him out to be - a pretty poor showing in GP2 last year and he didn't look amazing in that Force India. I don't think Ferrari would risk throwing him in if I'm honest because they couldn't guarentee he'd be any better than Massa. I think they'd go for a steady hand like Fisi, Trulli or Kubica if they think he's fit enough. Also that leaves them open to take Perez in 2013.

Here's a question. When did Ferrari last have a rookie in the car? In my memory I can't ever remember them having a driver who had not done Grand Prix elsewhere beforehand.

Gilles Villeneuve? If I recall correctly Gilles had only done one or two races before he was signed up. Other than that I think you're right Rasputin.

He seemed to have a better race this weekend, think he might have got some points (around 9th-10th) if they pitted him at the right times, unlike the rest of the 2 stoppers, they pitted him very late both times.

But meh...

Come on Felipe!

The problem with Bianchi is that he has not look as impressive as his rep has made him out to be - a pretty poor showing in GP2 last year and he didn't look amazing in that Force India. I don't think Ferrari would risk throwing him in if I'm honest because they couldn't guarentee he'd be any better than Massa. I think they'd go for a steady hand like Fisi, Trulli or Kubica if they think he's fit enough. Also that leaves them open to take Perez in 2013.

Here's a question. When did Ferrari last have a rookie in the car? In my memory I can't ever remember them having a driver who had not done Grand Prix elsewhere beforehand.

Ferrari rookies now then that is a good question as even my stato memory I don't remember it has occurred since the 70's

Is Fisi the reserve driver ? Last time Ferrari tried that it did not work Badoer because he was race rusty and when Fisi switched he said he needed 1 day to test the car out and was nowhere near Raikkonen's pace

i do think though Ferrari will give Kubica a go if he is fit enough to do so . Clearly Bianchi has got someone who gives him good PR if you say he was not good in GP2 last year against Grosjean

Alonso's opinion.Bold text is from the site.Not by me.
http://www.fernandoalonso.com/en/
María Cristina Rama Gómez (FB) Do you think Massa is a Ferrari driver as of today? I insist, as of today.
He´s one of the best drivers in the world, and he has shown it during his whole career. It’s easy to praise when you have a good car but also to criticize when you have a bad one. I lived similar situations during my last stint at Renault, when some of my teammates were unfairly criticized and now, they are being praised once again.

Back
Top Bottom