F1 rule change 2017

Also, in 2013, Vettel's new helmet design was about the only thing of interest at the start of each race weekend as we all knew how it was going to end.

It's just the number thing has always bothered me when they already have a 3-letter shortened name (e.g HAM) displayed on the screen when the race is on. I realise numbers are quaint and romantic looking back in history but I don't think the casual viewer even notices them. That is if there are any casual viewers left.

Ferrari have asked other teams to produce a concept car similar to their offering. I wonder if any of the others can be arsed to make the effort? Ron will probably send in a picture of the P1 and think that's enough.

Ferrari have asked other teams to produce a concept car similar to their offering.
So Ferrari want the other teams to copy them so they are in the unique position (for Ferrari) of being ahead of the game on design ;)
I don't mind the concept to look at; but it won't be worth the effort if it doesn't allow close wheel to wheel / nose to tail racing.

The changes look good but if all the lap time improvement is going to come from modified aerodynamics and not unleashing a bit more power from the engines I can't see how it will improve the racing (my naive expectation is that braking distances will be shorter, making overtaking more difficult). Any changes aiming to make F1 faster as one of its main goals should be praised, though, and in particular getting rid of those stupid little rear wings will be great.

Back
Top Bottom