F1 2023

F1Brits_90

World Champion
thought id start this early because this is the time that alot of stuff for 2023 is decided. of course the ones we already know ie the 24 race calendar with the 6 sprint races

but some of them were released in a fascinating almost 35-40 minute chat during FP2 with Mario Isola. 1 being that they are aiming to get tyres with alot more integrity for 2023. & also, there could be a qualifying tweak that has been proposed & Mario isola believes it will be implemented for 2 race weekends of testing. where you only have 2 x Hards for Q1 2x Mediums for Q2 & 2x softs for Q3.

im not sure if im a fan im 50/50 i can see the point but i like in Q1 where teams take a risk on slower tyres, but would rather see in practise

That definitely sounds interesting. I don't know why we would need forced tires during qualifying. I just want to see the F1 produce that fastest times they possibly can because qualifying is the only time when that cars are absolutely maxed out. I do want to see tires that are easier to control though. That would be nice.

on the tyres, yeah i would lean towards if aint broke dont fix it. the qualifying we have is very good the fact that it has been copied by majority of single seater completions says everything. although i would change Q3 to 1 lap shootout ran in Reverse Q2 order as it would really ramp up the tension. think of max lap Saudi 2021 but id give the suggestion a go maybe 2nd race of the season. if it doesnt work no harm no foul

Also! Does this forum have a fantasy league? If not, I think it would be cool to start one for next year.
we have forum betting game called youbet, ive forgotten whose in charge of that LOL that probably the only regular we have. everyone is welcome to that

i think 4-5 did the official F1 fantasy game few years ago i think i came 3rd. but id be up for it. normally as im competing v myself i get excited for it in February & then remember i still have it in may

Last edited:
we have forum betting game called youbet, ive forgotten whose in charge of that LOL that probably the only regular we have. everyone is welcome to that

i think 4-5 did the official F1 fantasy game few years ago i think i came 3rd. but id be up for it. normally as im competing v myself i get excited for it in February & then remember i still have it in may
Oh cool! I guess we can see when we get there 😉

on the tyres, yeah i would lean towards if aint broke dont fix it. the qualifying we have is very good the fact that it has been copied by majority of single seater completions says everything. although i would change Q3 to 1 lap shootout ran in Reverse Q2 order as it would really ramp up the tension. think of max lap Saudi 2021 but id give the suggestion a go maybe 2nd race of the season. if it doesnt work no harm no foul
A one lap shootout would be crazy! Although I still like the current format. I think its fun watching the drivers improve their lap times. Sometimes you get those crazy laps where someone was on pole and then got pushed down only to improve by .3 or .4 seconds! I love that! Also, I think if F1 was ever going to commit to sprint races (for a whole season) it should be something like F2 where the sprint race has no effect on the main race but has a reverse grid from qualifying.

Oh cool! I guess we can see when we get there 😉

A one lap shootout would be crazy! Although I still like the current format. I think its fun watching the drivers improve their lap times. Sometimes you get those crazy laps where someone was on pole and then got pushed down only to improve by .3 or .4 seconds! I love that! Also, I think if F1 was ever going to commit to sprint races (for a whole season) it should be something like F2 where the sprint race has no effect on the main race but has a reverse grid from qualifying.
its the only criticism of qualifying i have is that we never see a full pole lap. usually only see last 15 seconds of it. i would like to see more of them & it would solve the traffic issues we have in Q3. in many circuits

but yeah I think that was the main thought on here at the time. lets have sprint world champion with the race on the Friday in some kind reverse championship order

its the only criticism of qualifying i have is that we never see a full pole lap. usually only see last 15 seconds of it. i would like to see more of them & it would solve the traffic issues we have in Q3. in many circuits

but yeah I think that was the main thought on here at the time. lets have sprint world champion with the race on the Friday in some kind reverse championship order
I like your thought about seeing each quali lap. That would be super cool! If not in the format then TV viewing should give the option to watch each lap trackside or most of them at least.

I'm kinda not a fan of Sprint in F1 but it does takeover totally then have a full reverse grid with sprint champion would be insane!

Random crazy prediction: Mercedes are going to close the gap to Red Bull which means Hamilton and Verstappen will resume their crazy fight. More crashes will follow and Ferrari will claim the Championship! Leclerc v Sainz v Russell for drivers Championship.

(One can dream I guess)

Jeddah Corniche Circuit announce track changes ahead of 2023 Saudi Arabian GP | Formula 1®

As for driver sightlines, Turns 14 and 20 have seen the shifting of the fence wall on the right- and left-hand sides respectively by 7.5m (T14) and 5m (T20), with an extra ‘Rumble Line’ implemented between the white line and fence wall, while the fence wall has been adjusted at Turns 8 and 10 to give drivers more visibility of the corner ahead.

In the final change, Turns 22 and 23 have seen the ‘S’ shape squeezed via the adjustment of the fence at T23, and the addition of a bevelled kerb – with a view to slowing down the drivers by approximately 50km/h.

It definitely improves visibility a bit.

I like your thought about seeing each quali lap. That would be super cool! If not in the format then TV viewing should give the option to watch each lap trackside or most of them at least.

I'm kinda not a fan of Sprint in F1 but it does takeover totally then have a full reverse grid with sprint champion would be insane!
They tried that back in the 2000s. In order to ensure that the pole lap was always filmed, drivers were sent out one-at-a-time, and given one shot to qualify.

Ultimately, this turned into a somewhat drab affair, and whilst the "pole lap" was always shown, there was a long period of uninteresting qualifying. Oh, Takuma Sato has just gone fastest. But no other cars have run yet. Look, Jarno Trulli is faster than Sato. Yawn.

They tried that back in the 2000s. In order to ensure that the pole lap was always filmed, drivers were sent out one-at-a-time, and given one shot to qualify.

Ultimately, this turned into a somewhat drab affair, and whilst the "pole lap" was always shown, there was a long period of uninteresting qualifying. Oh, Takuma Sato has just gone fastest. But no other cars have run yet. Look, Jarno Trulli is faster than Sato. Yawn.
but they tried that with all cars which is too much but just Q3 could make it better

I'm not sure F1 wants to go to another country where the monsoon rain is usually timed for prime time TV in the western world, and perhaps Malaysia doesn't want to pay for one.

I agree with F1Brits_90 I think a Q3 where we can see everyone's lap would be super exciting! Like during the Indy 500 all the fastest drivers get to go out and set their individual average speed. This is super exciting and especially this year with Scott Dixon breaking the world record.

• Azerbaijan - Baku
  • Austria - Red Bull Ring
  • Belgium - Spa-Francorchamps
  • Qatar - Losail International Circuit
  • USA - Circuit of The Americas
  • Brazil - Interlagos
the 2 usual sprint races of Austria & Brazil. dont have much hope for Qatar but thats probably money & Baku i worry will be a procession as everyone is terrified of crashing or hitting the barriers. but Beligium & USA could be fun

just a shame another year where the rumoured Bahrain double hasnt happened with the sprint on the outer Circuit & the GP on the full circuit.

Last edited:
IMG_20221207_161334.jpg

Back
Top Bottom