Pre-Season F1 2022

Ligier got in trouble in 1980 as it was believed they had a device which released the pressure from the side pods on the straights, which made them go faster. I'd put money on the bubble on the side of the Red Bull being just this sort of thing.

RB18.jpg

Geo-politics has moved on a bit from this time, but not anywhere near enough. Brutal regimes, whether killing within their own borders or in other countries, should be shunned politically, economically and in sports as well. To my mind, Russian sportsmen and teams should be banned from all international events as they just serve as a propaganda tool for Putin.

well IOC have been useless. didnt they call it the worst systematic doping that sport has seen since east germany & yet they allowed russia to compete in 2016, 2018 2020/21 & 2022 under a different name

watching the sky f1 testing (thats not testing) wrap ups & Riccardo interview 16 minutes in peaked my interest because he is normally very happy guy. but you couldnt keep the smile from his face & seems happier than normal. which adds to my suspicion. that mclaren on day 1 saw how good they were & have filled it every since

looking at the times with the tyres. that like button says "you know how good a season you will have on your 1st push lap of testing"

at the moment. i cant split Ferrari, Mclaren, Mercedes & Red Bull. the toro Rosso under gasly looks handy as well

Last edited:
Ligier got in trouble in 1980 as it was believed they had a device which released the pressure from the side pods on the straights, which made them go faster. I'd put money on the bubble on the side of the Red Bull being just this sort of thing.
That's something new I'll have to read more about.

As for Red Bull, it almost looks like what ever it is has been tapes on with a bit of silver masking tape.

Very odd looking thing

I am expecting a close fight between those 4 teams and expect Perez to be shown up this season and given the usual Red Bull No 2 treatment

Noticing the timings of F1 races in 2022, they've moved qualifying again few years ago it was 1pm UK time 2pm local time, last year 2pm (3pm) & now its 3pm (4pm). which is going to be nightmare personally going to be a problem to juggle football & qualifying. but i think i understand the idea of moving the F2 sprint race inbetween FP3 & Qualifying

temp 2.jpg

Normally id post the all the times from the certain range tyres C2 C3 C4 C5 but everyone was racing on the C3. so very few were on the other compounds, where only 7 drivers & 4 teams set a lap on C2, 6 drivers & 4 teams on C4 & 3 drivers & 2 teams on C5. added to that too many variables. so it was pointless to put the others on. but every driver had multiple times on C3 so this is the leaderboard

1) Leclerc 1:19.689 D2
2) Verstappen 1:19.756 D3
3) Ricciardo 1:20.355 D2
4) Sainz 1:20.416 D1
5) Norris 1:20.474 D1
6) Russell 1:20.537 D2
7) Hamilton 1:20.719 D1
8) Gasly 1:20.764 D2
9) Vettel 1:20.784 D2
10) Alonso 1:21.212 D3
11) Perez 1:21.430 D2
12) Mazepin 1:21.512 D2
13) Albon 1:21.531 D2
14) Tsunoda 1:21.638 D2
15) Zhou 1:21.885 D2
16) Latifi 1:21.899 D2
17) Stroll 1:21.920 D2
18) Schumacher 1:21.989 D2
19) Ocon 1:22.164 D2
20) Bottas 1:22.288 D2

our 1st controversy, we havent even started the new era yet & 2 weeks away from the 1st race.

Despite budget caps, many teams want to show up in Bahrain with an upgrade. Mercedes and Red Bull even with a significant step. Ferrari states that they are satisfied with optimization work on the F1-75. You have to assume that all teams on the underbody show modifications to solve the problem with bouncing on the straights constructively. Otherwise, the compromise in the setup would be associated with too much sacrifice.

No one has revealed all the cards in Barcelona. "We won't see the delicate things that could be in a grey area until Bahrain," predicts an engineer. From FIA circles we learn that the cuddle course of the teams could already be over in Bahrain. Apparently, you can already see from the CAD data on the legality check of the upgrades that some are sailing the wind and bringing solutions that do not quite correspond to the spirit of the regulations.

If you write vague regulations then expect constructions the regulators never thought of, going to be fun as all teams will protest each other's vague intrepretations of the vague rules. The expression spirit of the law is just someones thought, it is neither legal or illegal

these words in 2020 by ex boss cryil abiteboul. get worse by the day. as i dont see alpine challenging for a championship anytime soon. i dont want to criticize alonso to much because I genuinely think he is a great driver but its obvious that Riccardo can sniff out BS better than alonso. as Alonso obviously with comments obviously believed what abiteboul sold him & but Ricciardo heard the same speech ran a mile (well 71 to be precise)

Not sure about it’s truth, but there is a rumour going round that Mercedes will bring a car with no side pods on it.If that’s true than that would be a massive game changer.

Not sure about it’s truth, but there is a rumour going round that Mercedes will bring a car with no side pods on it.If that’s true than that would be a massive game changer.
If that's true, it will be extraordinary, but it just doesn't seem credible. Where would the radiators (and the cooling) for the radiators go? If they went higher in the car, it would lead to a less favourable weight distribution.

Back
Top Bottom