Pre-Season F1 2022

Pressure control in the venturi tunnels 80's. I suspect it hasn't gone away.

Ligier.jpg

Clever of Mercedes to run the traditional sidepod design at the first test, so they have a benchmark.

It remains to be seen whether this design is any faster.

Has Horner called Masi yet to get the championship awarded in their favour by default?

Just watched Ted Kravitz testing notebook. My god that man should never be allowed to talk to anyone, it was cringing embarrassing. K Mag, Lando, utter uninformed gushy nonsense. Pathetic.

So, the latest complaints about Mercedes' design are coming from Ferrari, relating to the wing mirror mounts. Essentially, Mercedes have mounted massive horizontal wings to the side of their car, which they claim are "just for holding the wing mirrors". Of course, it's an attempt to get round the rules relating to aero surfaces... Expect this one to rumble on and on

Riccardo has had a tough time since joining McLaren. A lack of seat time in a totally new design of car is definitely not going to help his early season performance.

I expect a filming day McLaren's calendar in the next few weeks.

Since Mercedes brought the zero side pod concept they haven't troubled the top of the timing sheets. Are they sandbagging or does it not work?

Since Mercedes brought the zero side pod concept they haven't troubled the top of the timing sheets. Are they sandbagging or does it not work?
Years ago I would have said the concept doesn't work but these days, who knows.

Sandbagging is a thing that had become so prevalent in pre season tests it's almost impossible to tell these days.

At the first test, Red Bull spent the entire time on the harder compound tyres and were always in the middle of the time sheets.

What does it all mean? :dunno:

never say never with mercedes, because if anyone can find 2 seconds a lap in a week its mercedes, we've seen it many a year. but my gut feeling is that they arent at the level we are used to seeing. as from seeing the car on the track & drivers body lanuage particularly george russell who just didnt seem happy. also on the Jenson Button point looking how tricker these car look to drive its not necessarily the fastest driver that could win bahrain & maybe world championship but smoothest as well . Button & Prost wouldve loved these regulations with understeer & locking tyres, as the opening lap could be fun

this will change by monday, but if i was too punt at a top 5LOL
Ferrari
Red Bull
Mercedes
McLaren
Alpha Tauri

Last edited:
never say never but i think for once he is right that car, doesnt look right & ferrari would win next week, although we do look with skeptism he wasnt lying in 2019 & 2021. ferrari won in 1st race in 2019 & then had to defend for his life in 2021

Back
Top Bottom