Pre-Season F1 2022

If that's true, it will be extraordinary, but it just doesn't seem credible. Where would the radiators (and the cooling) for the radiators go? If they went higher in the car, it would lead to a less favourable weight distribution.
Apparently they the radiators are higher up. If it is true then they will have needed to get the FIA on board with the regulations. We could be in for a Mercedes steamroller season akin to 2014.

An F1 Car with no sidepods you say?

I wonder if they've ever done something like that before?

:thinking:

Brabham BT52 F1.jpg

Can't wait to see a full view of the car. I have to say, I'm over the moon. A team has finally looked at the rules and looked at their car and gone "you know what, let's start from the ground up and do something completely different"

Let's just hope the bloody thing works now 🤣

if thats in the regulations, fair play to them because that is brilliant & would be up there with double diffuser
How long before the FIA invoke a rule that all cars must have sidepods?

As far as the current regulations go, as long as it passed the side impact test then it must be ok.

Can't wait to see a full view of the car. I have to say, I'm over the moon. A team has finally looked at the rules and looked at their car and gone "you know what, let's start from the ground up and do something completely different"

Let's just hope the bloody thing works now

🤣
1646908068298.png

A slightly fuller view of the Merc:

20220310_102853.jpg

I think the part that is making Horner cry is the way the front edge of the floor bends up and creates a shape similar to the now banned barge boards.

Mercedes will be pointing to the fact that "it's still the floor guv honest"

Both Red Bull and Mercedes seem to have gone to the limit of what is allowed within the letter of the rules, and not the ambition of the rule makers. I know the "spirit" of the rules is very subjective. My hope is that a team such as Williams or Alfa Romeo, who have taken the rules at face value and followed them, have a machine that is super quick and wins races.

I'd even settle for a Ferrari versus McLaren season, with four super competitive drivers with every bit as much talent as Hamilton and Verstappen.

How long before the FIA invoke a rule that all cars must have sidepods?

As far as the current regulations go, as long as it passed the side impact test then it must be ok.
well Ross brawn has already raised concern

temp 3.png

Both Red Bull and Mercedes seem to have gone to the limit of what is allowed within the letter of the rules, and not the ambition of the rule makers. I know the "spirit" of the rules is very subjective. My hope is that a team such as Williams or Alfa Romeo, who have taken the rules at face value and followed them, have a machine that is super quick and wins races.

I'd even settle for a Ferrari versus McLaren season, with four super competitive drivers with every bit as much talent as Hamilton and Verstappen.
im sticking with my prediction way in 2021 season. that i think Ferrari will challenge for the title this season

Wasn’t it Adrian Newey who said there is no such thing as the spirit of the regulations?

Personally, I would laugh my ass off if it works, and Red Bull have missed another key development in a reg change. There is still no certainty of anything until the actual race.

If Mercedes have it wrong and Mercedes have it right, I am sure that Toto will have a recovery plan in place, involving many people in dark clothing and a lot of silver paint

If Mercedes have it wrong Karen Horner wouldn't be complaining about it already (and the team deny he said what he said "officially." LOL

Oh yeah and "spirit of the rules" LOL

karenh.png

Back
Top Bottom