Gaming F1 2012

And all the challenges
1. The Iceman returns "Kimi Raikkonen is ahead of you, catch and overtake him"
2. The pass master "Fend off Lewis Hamilton and win in the rain"
3. Gently does it "Following a Safety Car situation, overtake and finish the race ahead of Jenson"
4. The stats man "Catch and pass Sebastian Vettel whilst setting the fastest lap of the race"
5. Flying Fernando " Catch and finish ahead of team-mate Fernando Alonso"
6. Simply the best "Hunt down and overtake Michael Schumacher on fresh tyres"
7. The Ultimate Challenge "Race all 6 Champions and beat them in Austin, Texas"

This game looks super bright. Like to the point where it reminds me of Mario Kart. Hopefully these people just have the brightness on their TV jacked up all the way.

I am always very excited about new F1 games. I am looking forward to seeing all the new features. Does anyone have a list of the improvements?

I can't help but not get excited about this version. I was severely disappointed with the last one, it may have looked fantastic but the feel of it didn't compare with 2010. At least there will be a demo this time to try out.

Grainger Games, the deal was on for the weekend only and it was out of stock by 3pm Saturday.

I just tried the demo, it's pretty hard. The mechanics seem much more sophisticated and the car is much more twitchy, I think those that use a wheel will have a significant advantage over those that use a controller.

That hairpin at Abu Dhabi is dangerous! Took it like I always did in 2011 and bam, I'm greeting the barriers! I do not look forward to the Loews/Fairmont Hairpin!

Why is the game being released in Europe last? >:( Surely that's where the game will sell strongest...

Maybe I'll no life it the day I get it, I was 120th on 2011 at some point... but then I cba :D

Having been a tad disappointed with F12011 I wasn't that hyped over 2012, but the demo really has changed my mind, on the PS3 I've noticed a significant improvement in graphic quality, and the handling is so much better, I drove Monza initially like I did on F1 2011 and I was off more times than I was on, took a small time just to get used to it! The only gripe is the difficulty, on the season challenge I had it on hard and in a Williams I was winning quite comfortably, probably because I was something like 1.5 seconds quicker than the AI just through the first chicane

I downloaded the demo and hope to give it a test run this week before deciding if I want to pick it up. I enjoyed 2011, but worry that there isn't really enough of an improvement to pick this one up.

Who wants to change my mind with some well worded review like post to part me of $60+? I will be here all week.

I tried the demo. I think the changes are quite subtle - the most marked is that the cars look narrower. The handling is definitely different, although I'm not sure Monza was the best place to see that. Also a bit hesitant because I didn't find the car setup menu so was using a low downforce standard setup which game me a lot of understeer especially in the parabolica.

I will probably get it once the price drops below £25 but not sure I have a good reason to since it is quite similar to 2011.

The difficulty in these games is quite ridiculous.

I was 7.5s faster than the AI in Monza on easy, then 5s on normal, then 2s faster on hard. Maybe I should jump to not using assists straightaway, even then I'll probably be faster by half a second or more.

I'm going to have to try the demo, there's a lot of games out in the next month or 2 that I want. This one is low on my priority list.

I race with all assists on except for braking assist (the automatic brake) and racing line. Try it without and it's a bit harder and it's more fun. I like how they seem to have really refined aspects in this game, for example using KERS or DRS on the Monza pit straight really increases your braking distance, you can now adjust your brake bias and marbles/grass stay on your tyres for a few corners now rather than disappearing after two seconds. I also like how you can't 'blast' over the kerbs now like you could in 2011, the car will now spin out. However even with rules and flags on realistic the game is still too lenient on corner cutting.

The impression I take from the demo so far is that the game has significantly improved yet it will still fail to capture and keep 'casual' gamers playing (which is a good thing because these are the nit-wits that either refuse to be overtaken cleanly or smash you out...).

Back
Top Bottom