Does anyone use the plain text editor and tool bar?

I guess if there was some way of doing it other than having the tool bar then that would be ok but I'm not sure how you would embed you tube stuff and do a quiz if those buttons on the tool bar weren't there.
Like this: http://cliptheapex.com/help/bb-codes
YouTube you just paste the URL and it's automatic.

I guess I may be missing something in the system elsewhere that I don't normally use that is identical to the tool bar though.
I'm not sure what you mean cider_and_toast?

Brogan, don't worry mate. I just wondered if the tool bar was more like a "quick link" facility and there was a drop down menu or something that I'd missed because I only ever used the tool bar.

I don't use the editor and toolbar much when making standard posts. However I use it a lot in the "special" Clip ... presents threads to give "Rooters" items some aesthetic/visual character. I guess it's a question of whether or not those threads are seen to be valuable enough to justify having the facility. I could always make and upload "Rooters" PDF's instead.

Can we be clear that we're all talking about the plan text editor tool bar, not the rich text editor tool bar.

This is the plain text editor, the one I plan to uninstall as it is an add-on and slightly buggy:
pte-toolbar.PNG

This is the rich text editor, the default one which is part of the core software and will be remaining:
rte-toolbar.PNG

No functionality will be lost.
Just a small set of buttons when in the plain text editor mode.
The BB codes can still be entered manually when using the plan text editor or just use the rich text editor which will still have the buttons.

Has the plain text editor been removed now? I didn't think I used it but I now seem to have no tool bar when I access the web-site with my phone. Not a big issue as I rarely use my phone to post and when I do it's usually just simple messages like this one.

It was really buggy on my android though sushifiesta. The buttons weren't big enough for my small screen / fat fingers and once you clicked something it then disabled the arrow keys so you couldn't go to the right part of the post.

Doing emoticons was never easy from it. Often it would place them wherever it felt like. Does mean I have to learn all the :codes: which might be a bit prone to misfortune :thinking:

Yes, it has been removed as there's a good chance it will become defunct with 1.2, or possibly even replaced with a completely different system.

The codes are listed here, although I appreciate it's not that user friendly to have to manually type them in: http://cliptheapex.com/help/bb-codes

I use my iPad for coming on the forum. I've not got any Tool bar at the moment. I mostly use it for smilies bold print and sometimes for inserting pictures. I'm not very good with technology or technical terms. Is there another way I should be doing these things? Or have they gone temporarily?

Apple in their wisdom block the WYSIWYG editor which means you can only use the plain text editor.
Unfortunately you will no longer have a toolbar as the add-on has been removed.

:) :p ;) :( :-0. Just practising smilies in text, if they work that will be cool. Think I'll give the bb codes a miss, they look scary. Do you have to type one each time you want to use something on the toolbar?

Back
Top Bottom