Do we need Valencia?

Which circuit(s) would you like to see back on the calendar?

• Total voters
I hope this track gets dropped instead of Istanbul, Bernie is keen on keeping Istanbul (so he says) and today he seemed unhappy about having two Spanish GP's.

I hope this track gets dropped instead of Istanbul, Bernie is keen on keeping Istanbul (so he says) and today he seemed unhappy about having two Spanish GP's.
sounded to me like Cataluna was the one he was tired of though.

Frankly, I don't care which they drop, I have no love for either circuit.

sounded to me like Cataluna was the one he was tired of though.

Frankly, I don't care which they drop, I have no love for either circuit.

Well Catulunya was interesting this year and valencia wasn't. Yawn. Dreadful, you know theres something wrong when monaco is better than it. I like monaco and I had lowered my standards for this GP and even still it surpassed those lows. It was terrible. The less said the better.

Well Catulunya was interesting this year and valencia wasn't....

I thought that it was quite an interesting race. There were a number of battles down the field, with some close racing. There was not much overtaking, but the overtakes that were made were as a result of hard work, skill and good judgement.

To make it more interesting there were 3 differing tyre strategies, each had their own success.

I feel that what members on here did not like was the fact that the better driver in the fastest car won easily. That's motor racing.

Do we need Valencia? No
Do we have to have it? Yes because they pay Bernie money for rights to host it. What Bernie wants Bernie gets.

Out of Valencia or Barcelona to go i'd rather see the later go tbh. Teams know Barcelona too well and use it for pre-season testing, so i can't see the point in going their to race.

BTW - Voted Estoril because i've never seen F1 at that track, unlike the rest of you, as i'm alot younger than a few of you :).

Let's face it - we need to have the occasional borefest to make us appreciate the Montreal-type races all the more. I'm wondering if there would be all this suffocating negativity about Valencia had someone other than Vettel won? :nah:I found the spectacle turgid and uninspiring for this reason alone, frankly.

I remember enjoying the 2009 race actually, seeing Rubens take a well-earned win...

(edit - I voted for the Osterreichring, because it's a beautiful setting, and used to provide good races)

Touche

So when is the US GP returning to the race calendar?

PS: no ginger ninja you don't have to say that, preferably an answer would be great.

Just for the record and to re-nail my colours to the mast (in case they've slipped):

Let me make this clear, I personally do not have anything against Seb' V. He is very good and I think everyone on this forum would agree with that. We are however disturbed by the fast disappearing hopes of a nail biting finale to the season.

Now that that is out of the way, with regard to why I have no love for the Velencia circuit it is simply this. Even with the full set of "artificial overtaking aids" (which I also dislike) the race failed to excite, enthral or otherwise entertain me. That is a very selfish view, I grant you.

What is particularly striking is that it has taken me over twenty four hours for any inspiration to write anything meaningful out of it other than the entertaining posts on CTA that have trickled onto the forum since. So I can't even attribute what little inspiration I am getting to the race. Indeed, I attribute it to the extremely hard working contributors to this forum since you are all going to extraordinary lengths to extricate something worthwhile from it. :goodday:to you all.

I'm going to add to the almost unanimous negativity towards this track.

In 4 years what has this race track given us to remember? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Bernard needs to see sense and drop it.

I voted for Imola and Indianapolis. Imola should never have been taken off the calendar in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom