Did McLaren Jump the Gun with Pérez?

To be fair to Massa he has far more of an impressive racing history to back up his two races than Perez does! Only being beaten to the championship by 1 point on the last lap by Lewis Hamilton shows you have to have the skills even if you've not been using them of late.

To be fair to Massa he has far more of an impressive racing history to back up his two races than Perez does! Only being beaten to the championship by 1 point on the last lap by Lewis Hamilton shows you have to have the skills even if you've not been using them of late.
*cough* 4 years ago, before accident *cough* He hasn't looked the same since, has he?

*has the decency to look sheepish*

So with the Hulk heading to Sauber it looks like Kobi is heading out of F1 but is Perez all that better than him? Could we make an argument thst based on his last three seasons Kobi would have been a safer option for Mclaren. In his first two seasons he certainly showed he had consistancy which is something Perez never had. Maybe he wouldn't have set the title race on fire but he'd have certainly brought home a haul for the constructors.

I don't remember the Gary Parffett argument! blimey.

I see what you're saying where Kobi is concerned but you only have to look at The Hulks junior record to see he's a pedigree above Heidfeld and actually probably Perez.

Peréz really hasn't done that well since it was announced he was going to drive for McLaren, has he?

Another poor weekend again at Abu Dhabi, including being handed a €2,600 fine for speeding in the pit lane in FP3, a reprimand for impeding in Q1, and a drive through 10 second stop and go penalty for causing a collision and forcing a driver off the circuit.

He got involved in some unnecessary scrapes, but he was the quicker Sauber throughout. Kobayashi has been very subdued since Suzuka, I think.

Back
Top Bottom