Announcement Chump of the Weekend Closure

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's well said Cookin, shame about your vote for European chump really. Tit for tat (and I know I have been guilty too) is what could lead the forum into the slippery road to 606 and as I and others were told recently perhaps a deep breath, count to ten and if you want to, hit the report button rather than retaliate.

That said, I don't think the regular posters that are sometimes accused of being 'wumlike' are that. There is just a lot of passion about certain people they support and they will defend (and criticise rivals) at given opportunities. I think that's a big difference to deliberate disruption. Frustrating and quality lowering yes, but not trolling.

That said, I don't think the regular posters that are sometimes accused of being 'wumlike' are that. There is just a lot of passion about certain people they support and they will defend (and criticise rivals) at given opportunities. I think that's a big difference to deliberate disruption. Frustrating and quality lowering yes, but not trolling.

And, might I add, that is the reason why they're being asked to tone down rather than banned.

The problem is, we aren't bothered about people voting for whoever they want, its voting based on prejudices, like a race winner for chump. The last thing we want to do is ban people or anything like that as it will discourage people from coming to the site, but the amount of drivel that was posted on the last COTW in particular (along with t'others) shows that there is no other reasonable alternative than to pull the thread, for an indefinite period of time at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom