Christian Horner

Who is Christian Horner? Is he what he appears, the extremely successful team principal of the best team in Formula One; a shrewd operator who has won everything and is the glue that holds the Red Bull team together.

Or is he just a yes-man, for Marko maybe, a brown-noser to Ecclestone and a surprisingly obnoxious front man for the energy drinks advertising budget.

Surely he's somewhere in between though, he must be more than an advertiser (you'd say EJ surely), but he clearly isn't calling all the shots. He's probably best characterised as F1's best young politician, not only winning the external war but managing several other big-shots and two drivers convinced by their own right to superior treatment.

I have obviously hit a raw nerve and am sorry for that.

As an aside, nowhere in that article does it mention 2009 but that is irrelevant!

So it is OK to call people on their professional and working life, but nothing else - I will remember that the next time there is reference to an MP, doctor, Minister, etc. and pull the poster up strongly on having an opinion about their moral rectitude with reference to being able to do their job properly.

And whilst we are on the subject, I and others have no bloody idea about much F1, but it doesn't seem to slow anyone up!

Last edited:
Jen I'm not saying anymore after this because I've said my piece but you know commenting on what someone does within a sport or within a public job is completly different to jumping up and down about how horrible a person is for leaving their wife and kid.

No raw nerve I'm just pointing out how you don't know anything about why his relationship ended or why so why instantly decide he's a nasty shit and say he's flaunting happiness by being out with a women. It seems to be your nerve thats hit and your now trying to justify it.

I don't remember ypu responding with such vitrol to Fernando dumping his wife for another women...but then...hey....you like him.

But please carry on with the hate campaign and pretend to yourself its because you are interested in seeing the right thing done.

Whenever I see someone described as someone's "partner", no matter of how long duration, I automatically have questions about the relationship. Having been MARRIED to the same wonderful woman for over 40 year, I (possibly unjustifiably) assume that the refusal to marry indicates underlying problems in a relationship.

Jen

I don't remember ypu responding with such vitrol to Fernando dumping his wife for another women...but then...hey....you like him.

What an extremely crass and puerile statement.

And odd on the lack of address to other points I raised.

But please carry on with the hate campaign and pretend to yourself its because you are interested in seeing the right thing done.

No hate campaign and always interested in seeing the right thing done, but obviously we have differing views on right!

It's probably a good idea if everyone calms down.
Everyone has had their say; further posts focussing on members, rather than the thread content, will be removed.

We also don't need any back-seat moderators.
If you feel a post breaches the rules, report it.

Christian Horner to me comes across a guy who you would punch for being a smug
Hate I think is a strong word -" Water carrier" is what I would call him

He's one of these people who you might find at work claiming that he was involved in part of a successful project / task but then you find his actual contribution is less than 5% and he's claiming credibility for it .

-------------------

His management over various incidents with Vettel and Webber leave a lot to be desired unless off course you're in Vettel's corner

---------

His constant moaning about the regulations not working in Red Bull's favour makes him comes across as a bad loser notably when they've been trounced
------------------------------

His ideal that Red Bull are this youthful upstart that upsets the established front runners does not help either

Titch Yeah a guy that does not do much but just happens to be there

Bill Boddy You have to make Ricciardo feel welcomed in the team and he's hardly made a mistake to be fair ... all of it has been the team 's fault otherwise he would be further ahead of Vettel

Not necessarily, it often skips a generation as it did with my son. He always wanted to be ginger but wasn't whilst his daughter definitely is.

I'm wondering if Horner is aware of how transparent his comments about "what is best for F1" align with how his team have slipped from the top rung. You've had it good for the last four years, Christian, time to man up for a little while rather than cry all the time. And shut up about Caterham's crowd-funding attempt, if the fans want to pay then let them pay, it's absolutely none of your business other than your delight at the sound of your own voice. >:(

I suspect that CH is being churlish about not being an 'informed' TV personality any more - not really seen much of him in the latter part of this season!

Do both legs twitch now?

Back
Top Bottom