Christian Horner

Who is Christian Horner? Is he what he appears, the extremely successful team principal of the best team in Formula One; a shrewd operator who has won everything and is the glue that holds the Red Bull team together.

Or is he just a yes-man, for Marko maybe, a brown-noser to Ecclestone and a surprisingly obnoxious front man for the energy drinks advertising budget.

Surely he's somewhere in between though, he must be more than an advertiser (you'd say EJ surely), but he clearly isn't calling all the shots. He's probably best characterised as F1's best young politician, not only winning the external war but managing several other big-shots and two drivers convinced by their own right to superior treatment.

I wouldn't say I hate him I just dislike him because I find him boring and because he backed Vettel on that crash at Turkey when it was obvious that Vettel was the one at fault..

He reminds me of a tutor I had in college his voice would send me to sleep no matter how hard I would try to stay awake during lessons...

Last edited:
Its always interesting that when someone leaves someone for someone else the reaction is sympathy for the person left and the leaver is a git.

For all we know the woman he had a child with has been making his life miserable and he's found someone that actually makes him happy and he's gone for it.

I can't say I'm either of thems biggest fan but if they make each other happy then great. Not sure they deserve vitrol on the internet for it. Lets face it. Every relationship is made up of two people that have been in relationships with others before.

So Girl ermm yeah no power to them both.

The man has a firm handshake, and looks you in the eye when he is talking, and seemed genuine enough. I think he just knows what it takes to be a winner.

As for the girlfriend thing, well, can't say I agree with his actions, but there's two sides to every story.

Well matched, inconsequential little tick turds!
I would wager that each one of them individually is far less inconsequential than every member of this site combined.

Typical British attitude though - hating winners.

RasputinLives Even if it was a fifty fifty knock blatantly backing one driver and disrespecting the other like that in the public eye as a team boss is just not the way to go about things, that's how Briatore used to operate when he was a TP...

I really do think Horner's decision to back Vettel over Webber was little to do with the incident itself.

Was he vindicated in that decision? Yes, yes and yes again.

He is a steely one-eyed winner, he's exactly the man you would want as your team principal. McLaren and Ferrari certainly agree on that.

Do I like him?

Yeah, no... erm...

Mephistopheles to be fair to Horner Webber did his fair share of knocking the team and Seb hasn't.

Also he's in a no win situation because if he'd towed the Arsene Wenger "I didn't see it" line or refused to answer he'd be equally blasted for sitting on the fence and not giving an opinion.

Basically people always dislike run away success which is why there is the current hate on for Red Bull, Horner and Seb. People want to see them fail.

They soon can tired of it when they do though. In 91 Senna and Mclaren were the most hated I've known anyone in F1 but by the time we got to 93 Senna was everyones hero and people were willing a Mclaren come back.

Hate is a very strong word though I don't think I've actually hated anyone, although I did get a bit irritated with my older brother once when he slept with my girlfriend..

I would wager that each one of them individually is far less inconsequential than every member of this site combined.

Typical British attitude though - hating winners.
So where is the difference between your and my statement? I have only passed comment on two high profile individuals and you have denigrated a whole population, albeit it only a virtual one!

I'm afraid I do not measure 'consequence' by wealth or fame. Taking responsibility for one's actions is far more admirable, particularly if that flies in the face of one's personal desire and, sometimes, happiness.

There are a great many people who I do admire, some wealthy, some famous and some even 'winners', and using the word 'hate' is a little extreme - to me that would suggest I wish them harm, which I don't.

I am, however, appalled at their complete and utter selfishness - firstly by their actions and, secondly, by the flaunting of their own apparent joy that has devastated others.

So you're honestly saying that as both have ended a relationship with someone else and are famous that them going out shopping together is them flaunting their happiness?

Hmmmm. You may dislike both of them but are you really saying they should only see each other when locked away in a room with no windows?

Add to the fact its not like he just met her and ditched his other half - they've known each other for years - and I think you're being a bit harsh. I'm sure leaving someone with a child is massively difficult but as I know enough people that had miserable childhoods because their parents hated each other but stayed together 'for their family' to know sometimes its a decision people have to make.

If people want to criticise Horner for his decisions in F1 and what not then go ahead but I think knocking him on his love life due to an article in the daily mail is a bit judgemental.

So you're honestly saying that as both have ended a relationship with someone else and are famous that them going out shopping together is them flaunting their happiness?

Hmmmm. You may dislike both of them but are you really saying they should only see each other when locked away in a room with no windows?

Add to the fact its not like he just met her and ditched his other half - they've known each other for years - and I think you're being a bit harsh. I'm sure leaving someone with a child is massively difficult but as I know enough people that had miserable childhoods because their parents hated each other but stayed together 'for their family' to know sometimes its a decision people have to make.

If people want to criticise Horner for his decisions in F1 and what not then go ahead but I think knocking him on his love life due to an article in the daily mail is a bit judgemental.

So they have known each other for years - although I have had a cursory look and can't actually find any reference to support that. Does that mean that Gerri was also 'friends' with his partner of 14 years and aware of his new parental standing?

Funnily enough, I know many more children/adults who were devastated when a parent turned their back on them for what a appears to be a totally selfish reason. i suspect that his two step-sons will be totally 'gutted' as well.

But hey, let's all do whatever we fancy and sod everyone else :disappointed:

Have you read the article? Thats them pictured together in 2009.

And no. Please don't play the moral 'no one thinks about others' card on this one. You have no idea why Horner and his partner of 14 years split up. You have no idea if he left her or she left him. You have no idea what sort of person she is and you have no idea what she is doing now or if she is with anyone else. Basically you've seen a news article on two celebs you don't like and decided to stand on the morale high ground over them even though you don't know the facts and it is in fact none of your business.

But hey, lets all jump in to peoples personal life and pass judgement on the internet without giving a dam about their feelings or their families and friends feelings and sod everyone else :(

Back
Top Bottom