Christian Horner - Team Principal?

In which case maybe the whole subject isn't worth talking about..

Amen to that.

Still it's nice to add another to my list of popular F1 themes of the 21st century:
  • Ferrari never win with Italians
  • McLaren only win because they cheat
  • Ferrari only win because they cheat
  • Renault only win because they cheat
  • Red Bull only win because they cheat
  • Ron Dennis only liked Hakkinen and Hamilton and systematically undermined all the others
  • Martin Whitmarsh only likes Button and systematically undermines Hamilton
  • Michael Schumacher wasn't actually very good
  • Kimi Raikkonen broke all his cars
  • Fernando Alonso/toys/pram
  • Christian Horner is a puppet

Reason why Helmut is not the team principal of Red Bull is because a "Grandad" being the boss does not fit the image of a company that suppose to represent youthful, energetic and party loving brand with a taste for thrill seeking and extreme sports

Who was it that said Riccardo and Vergne in the Toro Rosso are fighting to be promoted to the Red Bull team to replace Mark Webber and that it was not a team for journeymen drivers so sacked Alguarsuari and Buemi

- Helmut Marko

Who was it that said the Turkey incident was Webber's fault after Horner initially pointed the finger at Vettel - MArko

Who has said Lewis Hamilton would make a good addition to Red Bull last year - Marko around Malaysia and China - that was round 3 last year

Who said Red Bull gave Webber a fair chance to not talk about the front wing row that ensued at Silverstone - Marko

Jaime Alguarsuari has even come out and said Helmut expects him to win a Toro Rosso which is not designed by Newey and on less funding than Vettel had in 2008

Reason why Helmut is not the team principal of Red Bull is because a "Grandad" being the boss does not fit the image of a company that suppose to represent youthful, energetic and party loving brand with a taste for thrill seeking and extreme sports

Who was it that said Riccardo and Vergne in the Toro Rosso are fighting to be promoted to the Red Bull team to replace Mark Webber and that it was not a team for journeymen drivers so sacked Alguarsuari and Buemi

- Helmut Marko

Who was it that said the Turkey incident was Webber's fault after Horner initially pointed the finger at Vettel - MArko

Who has said Lewis Hamilton would make a good addition to Red Bull last year - Marko around Malaysia and China - that was round 3 last year

Who said Red Bull gave Webber a fair chance to not talk about the front wing row that ensued at Silverstone - Marko

Jaime Alguarsuari has even come out and said Helmut expects him to win a Toro Rosso which is not designed by Newey and on less funding than Vettel had in 2008

Horner is doing a job, just as the drivers are. Horner has no prerogative to comment on Torro Rosso as he does not work for Torro Rosso. Horner is employed as Team Principal for Red Bull. If Horner were not doing a good job, he would not be employed. Do not forget that Horner is an employee and not a team owner. He as a job description and a brief which he is delivering upon.

Horner is doing a job, just as the drivers are. Horner has no prerogative to comment on Torro Rosso as he does not work for Torro Rosso. Horner is employed as Team Principal for Red Bull. If Horner were not doing a good job, he would not be employed. Do not forget that Horner is an employee and not a team owner. He as a job description and a brief which he is delivering upon.

Yes he is an employee of Red Bull but I would think someone else could do the job better than him except Flavio Briatore

Imagine Helmut Marko being a pirate ship's captain and the parrot on his shoulder is Christian Horner or Horner is his first mate that does not do much on his own two feet except keep in line with what the captain says.

Horner did come out and say that Red Bull give young drivers a fair crack in F1 to explain why Buemi and Algarsuari were dropped if they were not good enoug...but aint Franz Tost suppose to be the team principal of that team ??

I've already said whenever there is a contentious at Red Bull , Horner is weak in handling it and Marko tends to open his mouth about it usually against Webber - funnily he was curiously silent after the team orders row at Silverstone last year and Dietrich had to step in and hope Webber stays with the team . I wonder if Vettel was ordered not to overtake if he would have given Horner a telling off

The two teams have a relationship but it's one whereby Todt and Horner are ship's captains and Marko is the fleet's admiral. No ship's mate will be promoted to the flagship Red Bull who is not deemed up to the job by the ship's captain. Marko may make a suggestion but if Horner doesn't want the mate on his crew Todt will be forced to drop them and make way for new blood. Avast ye!

Horner commands his ship but does not own it. He is therefore accountable. Where a parrot is not.

...now I wonder what Red Bull and rum is like. Arrrgghhh!

Ya know I was reading the F1 news today (as I generally do every day) and got annoyed with Christian Horner.

Right before qualifying the ingenious design by the mercedees team was deamed as being ok by Charlie Whiting

Gets to qualifying and Christian Horner is going on about complaining

After the race he is still complaining

The car again passes scrutiny before the practice sessions at Malaysia

AGAIN Christian Horner says "he wants clarification"

This happens every year with someone, but cant help but thinkin that Christian Horner is just becoming a bit annoying and its due to people catching and it some cases overtaking redbull....

Anyone else?

It's highly ironic considering Horner's responses last year (and the year before) whenever he was questioned over their flexing front wing.

Still, it's par for the course in F1. It just seems Red Bull have more or less morphed into Ferrari.

Indeed ........ The cant do anything wrong crew of the decade then. Red Bull is ferrari and the golden boy this time is vettel

Considering the amount of whining and moaning other teams did about the RB front wing, I find nothing wrong with him returning the favour. There isn't a single team or team principal that I can think of that hasn't indulged in this. To single Horner out seems rather unfair. If a Principal didn't complain about a perceived advantage that another team possesses, it would seem to indicate that he is not interested in winning, and Idoubt that to be the case, even in HRT!

I am not a fan of Horner. He seems so arrogant and above the rest. I agree with Marc's title. Last year Horner was so put out with the other teams criticizing his car, and felt that it was beneath him to have to answer such ridiculous questions. Now he looks like a fool for crying foul again and again even after the DRS was deemed legal.

@Siffert_fan - Yes, I agree, all team principles do the same thing whenever there is any type of genuine innovation. However, Horner does look foolish when you consider his 180 degree turn around from last years stance.

Back
Top Bottom