Chase Carey

As he's the confirmed man in charge now he should have a thread. Especially as he says that the British GP is safe, and he also says that Europe (that includes the UK) is at the heart of F1 and he wants to grow the sport here. Sounds good.
I can't say anything about his background, so if anyone knows his History, maybe they could share ?

I like chase carey at the moment

His super bowl comment isnt to do with making f1 more American. Its about everything they say a million people will be going to Houston next weekend Then at the action you have Half time show national anthem the fly past & i believe Taylor Swift style concerts At Cota & Singapore will be norm not the expection.Then their the viewing figures. Superbowl is gloryhunting game as vast majority of sporting fans only watch 1 NFL game from start to finish ie:me, that's the superbowl because its an unmissable global event, 167m people watched it in America & 1.2m in England

As long as the hoopla is around the sport and doesn't infect the races themselves, then great. Unfortunately I fear that is a remote possibility.

Ross Brawn - the racing
ESPN chap - the fluff

The fluff will only infect the races is if the drivers allow it, or get sucked into the promotional hype. At lights out it'll just be racing.

Back
Top Bottom