Chase Carey

As he's the confirmed man in charge now he should have a thread. Especially as he says that the British GP is safe, and he also says that Europe (that includes the UK) is at the heart of F1 and he wants to grow the sport here. Sounds good.
I can't say anything about his background, so if anyone knows his History, maybe they could share ?

I wonder why is the fact that he saying that the British GP is safe a relevant factor in whether he needs his own thread? Would the need be any less if had made the opposite statement (or no statement) about the British GP?

Chase Carey - Wikipedia

Admittedly I skim read this but ..

He seems to own a fox which likes playing sports from the 21st century, also he is a batchelor and has a degree in Colgate toothpaste. He also has some huge electronic equipment.

Sounds ideal.

Last edited:
TR I thought he needed a thread as he is the man who has replaced BE, who had his own thread. I'm sure we will all have comments on the decisions he makes.
Yes I think it's good that he wants to save the British GP and grow the sport in Europe, but I would have still wanted to comment if he'd said he wanted to scrap all the races in Europe, I would have had a great deal to say in fact. If you don't want to say anything about him , that's fine, don't read the thread.

It's a disguise.

He wants all F1 weekends to be like super bowl weekends. Hmmmmm. Cars, drivers, engineers, tracks several miles long. V Balls, bats, men running in circles, in stadiums. Good luck with that then.

Is the Super Bowl like motor racing then gethinceri ? You're correct I don't have any idea about it, (American sport )except I was fairly sure that it was nothing like F1.

However I've googled it and it's more like football, or it is football in America, even less like F1, than blokes running round in circles as in baseball.
The point I was making, obviously very badly, was that I' m not sure that you can compare F1 with anything else other than other motor sports.

Last edited:
Is the Super Bowl like motor racing then gethinceri ? You're correct I don't have any idea about it, (American sport )except I was fairly sure that it was nothing like F1.

However I've googled it and it's more like football, or it is football in America, even less like F1, than blokes running round in circles as in baseball.
The point I was making, obviously very badly, was that I' m not sure that you can compare F1 with anything else other than other motor sports.

I hope this clears it up Titch

football-vs-handegg-1777-1247170336-105.jpg

Back
Top Bottom