Budget caps....let's talk

Mrs Spice seems a touch uncomfortable in his latest interview, seems to suggest Toto started the rumours though Ted only said that Toto said it was an open secret.
Who cares lets stick a hot iron up his a$$ for all the goading comments he's bern making since Abu Dhabi 2021. Strange Helmut has gone quiet he usually has a lot to say

If the accusations are proven true, there should be a substantial reduction in the RB budget. If the accusations are proven false, shouldn't the accusers face similar penalties?

So if I accuse someone of theft and they are found not guilty I should face 2 years in Prison?

:thinking:
Failing to react to false accusations will result in the same garbage that the US has with Republicans always denying that they have lost elections. It leads to delegitimizing end results, in this case championships.

Can you show me which teams have directly accused other teams?

I can only find claims from several team bosses that they are aware that one team is being investigated for a minor breach and one for a more major breach. None of them directly say who.

The press are reporting that its believed that the two in question are Aston Martin and Red Bull.

Failing to react to false accusations will result in the same garbage that the US has with Republicans always denying that they have lost elections. It leads to delegitimizing end results, in this case championships.
That has already happened in F1 before now. One of the biggest protestersabout Red Bull were Ferrari so handicapping them for 2023 is really going to work then? When Red Bull kept bringing upgrades and were vocal about budget cap increase

if anyone is found guilty. according to sky sports these are the punishments
20221001_205049.jpg
20221001_205104.jpg

Points deductionI bet you its 5pts only so the standings dont change
minor breach - i would say number 3 & there windtunnel time would be reduced

Major breach - of those 5, i cant see it being a reduction of cost cap because they were complaining this year wasnt enough & with the prices that have sky rocketed. which only leaves the extremely unpopular & the biggest twist in already hugely controversial saga. & verstappen in japan could win his 1st world championship for the 2nd time.

because we all expect FIA to do what they did to ferrari,
we've punished them,
How
Cant disclose that

but we cant forget how liberty media made a huge fuss about the cost cap, in a rarity they forced it through the rules even though there was quite alot of opposition, very few of the teams wanted it. so they have to set precedent regardless. because where you came in the championship should be irrelevant whether your Verstappen & Hamilton fighting for world title, or Latifi & mazepin fighting to stay with 107% if they had major breach of the cost cap & exclusion from the championship is what punishment it shouldnt matter. & its important for liberty media image i cant see them being to happy that their major part of the new rules has fallen at the 1st hurdle

I wonder if Ross Brawn has the minerals, to back up what he said in 2019.
It will make the FIA look weak if they cant apply the penalties like Financial fairplay in football

I think that, just as with FFP, if penalties are implemented, then they should be forward looking (rather than backwards looking) - so, for instance, if a team was found to have breached the cost cap, they should be given a points penalty for the following season.

That being said, given all the innuendo that has been thrown around about Red Bull, if it turns out that they were compliant, I wonder whether Mercedes and Ferrari should be charged under what was article 151(c) of the sporting code.

Interestingly, any team could be punished if they say or write anything hat causes "moral injury" to the FIA or its members:
1664784817788.png

Get away, if that rule was consistently applied then Horner would be permanently gagged.

No team has been directly accused by another team and its the press doing most of the speculation.

this was interesting me i was thinking about it, when red bull nearly ran out of fuel in qualifying.

if any driver doesnt have a litre of fuel left or is found to be underweight during scruitineering. you will be excluded from qualifying or the race. for serious breach of the rules. now what is the difference between that & all F1 teams are only allowed to spend $145 million between jan 1st & dec 31st 2021. if under scruitineering they are found to be over. why would it not be the same punishment as racing an underweight car in 2021

this was interesting me i was thinking about it, when red bull nearly ran out of fuel in qualifying.

if any driver doesnt have a litre of fuel left or is found to be underweight during scruitineering. you will be excluded from qualifying or the race. for serious breach of the rules. now what is the difference between that & all F1 teams are only allowed to spend $145 million between jan 1st & dec 31st 2021. if under scruitineering they are found to be over. why would it not be the same punishment as racing an underweight car in 2021
He would have had to be right at the back

F1Brits_90 - There are so many inconsistencies in the rules.... If you run an illegal part in qualifying, you are sent to the back of the grid (but still have the chance of winning points). The principles of parc-ferme are that if you run an illegal part in qualifying, you should be forced to run the same spec part in the race - yet if the illegal part was found after the race, you'd face exclusion from the race (and lose all points).

The nearest to your example was BAR in 2004/5. Effectively, the team had run with an underweight car for the entirety of the 2004 season, but it was only in 2005 when this was proven. As such, they were banned for 2 races in 2005 (and no retrospective action was taken).

F1Brits_90 - There are so many inconsistencies in the rules.... If you run an illegal part in qualifying, you are sent to the back of the grid (but still have the chance of winning points). The principles of parc-ferme are that if you run an illegal part in qualifying, you should be forced to run the same spec part in the race - yet if the illegal part was found after the race, you'd face exclusion from the race (and lose all points).

The nearest to your example was BAR in 2004/5. Effectively, the team had run with an underweight car for the entirety of the 2004 season, but it was only in 2005 when this was proven. As such, they were banned for 2 races in 2005 (and no retrospective action was taken).
i was just asking a question as i was intrested why rules that appeared black/white got different punishments. but that does make sense what your saying

but from what im hearing if any team is guilty it could be a case that for arguments sake the rumours are true. & this all could be storm in a teacup. but that the car Red bull race in Abu Dhabi 2022 would be the car they race with until Abu Dhabi 2023

Back
Top Bottom