Bruno Senna

Congratulations to young Bruno Senna for a fantastic qualifying session today.

I'm sure his uncle would be very proud knowing he's starting the Belgian Grand Prix - his first race of the year - from 7th on the Grid.

Spa-Francorchamps is a special circuit. A real challenge and known as a "driver's circuit" which "separates the men from the boys".

Add to that the tricky, greasy conditions you had today and Bruno's consistency in ALL 3 sessions at this circuit means there's some talent there.

The Renault is by no means a Top 4 car...so to be 7th on the grid ahead of the likes of World Champions Alonso and Button (both of whom have superior Ferraris and McLarens) and his somewhat highly rated teammate Petrov, is a very good achievement.

Good luck in the race tomorrow Bruno!

C'mon Boy...Make Brazil Proud of it's Formula One drivers again! :cheer:

Il_leone - From the overhead it looked like when he pulled back to the right, he just didn't consider that there might be another car there. Raikkonen was already well gone by that point.

And, frankly, its becoming a bit of a pattern.

Noticed that Santander are sponsoring Bruno Senna again this year (they haven't since GP2), though just the driver and not Williams. Perhaps they're hedging their bets and keeping at least one Brazilian F1 driver on their payroll for PR in case Ferrari drop Massa.

Apparently due to his KERS unit failing Bruno Senna was sent the following message over the radio

"'we think we have a KERS problem, don't touch the car, don't touch the car and the ground at the same time,"

Don't touch the car!?!? I don't care who you are thats got to be brown trousser time!

Apparently Bruno got servere back burns from the incident. Not good.

That's rather scary!
Upon reflection, are we sure that that isn't a cover story, so nobody will know that the burns on his backside are from Frank holding a blowtorch to his butt to induce him to get a move on?:whistle:

I don't know if you've seen the video of a (Sauber?) engineer getting thrown to the floor by a malfunctioning KERS unit at the start of 2009 - it really is scary stuff when it's at full charge! - And this isn't the first KERS related problem that Williams have had this season - wasn't it a fully charged KERS which led to the spark which led to the blazing inferno at the Spanish GP?

With Kamui Kobayashi finally getting the podium he's threaterned all season its time for the Pierluggi Martini belt for most GPs without scoring a podium is passed to another driver on the grid. Take a bow Bruno Senna - 41 Grand Prixs and it ain't even looked likely.

Hopefully you won't hold the belt for long though Bruno.....hopefully you won't be on the grid next year.

I may be stating the obvious here but Karthikeyan drives an HRT, Senna drives a Williams.

The best driver in the world would never be able got get a podium in an HRT.

Back
Top Bottom