Bruno Senna

Congratulations to young Bruno Senna for a fantastic qualifying session today.

I'm sure his uncle would be very proud knowing he's starting the Belgian Grand Prix - his first race of the year - from 7th on the Grid.

Spa-Francorchamps is a special circuit. A real challenge and known as a "driver's circuit" which "separates the men from the boys".

Add to that the tricky, greasy conditions you had today and Bruno's consistency in ALL 3 sessions at this circuit means there's some talent there.

The Renault is by no means a Top 4 car...so to be 7th on the grid ahead of the likes of World Champions Alonso and Button (both of whom have superior Ferraris and McLarens) and his somewhat highly rated teammate Petrov, is a very good achievement.

Good luck in the race tomorrow Bruno!

C'mon Boy...Make Brazil Proud of it's Formula One drivers again! :cheer:

After watching the incident several more times today, I still have to blame Bruno quite a bit.

There was no point in fighting Schumacher that hard as he wasn't really racing him. His tires were toast, he came together with another car right before that, and he jinked much too late in the braking zone.

Bruno is surely going to come under a lot of pressure now that Pastor has shown what the car can do. I agree with KekeTheKing that he was not blameless in the Schumacher incident. That jink left was a bit sudden and I can see why Michael panicked bit. Perhaps 25% Bruno, 75% Michael?

It's not just Spain qually where Pastor has been loads quicker either. Bruno needs to sort out some consistency before he loses his drive.

Also have I ever mentioned I reckon Williams test driver Bottas is pretty good? ;)

You might have...! ;) and I agree. He has looked very consistent and professional. If Senna hasn't turned it around by the summer break, maybe Bottas will get to finish the season. It's hard to see Valteri not having a drive next year and Pastor must now be certain to keep his place?

There are 2 sides to the Bottas argument. You could make a case that the reason Bruno lacks on Pastor during Quali is because Bottas always takes his place in Friday P1 giving Bruno less track time.

However there is also a big argument that having the same test driver who has consistantly past back good information and who runs the first session every race weekend is the reason Williams have managed to have their car in such good shape this season.

After watching the incident several more times today, I still have to blame Bruno quite a bit.

There was no point in fighting Schumacher that hard as he wasn't really racing him. His tires were toast, he came together with another car right before that, and he jinked much too late in the braking zone.

DId not Michael Schumacher use to do that to other drivers ? So a taste of his own medicine I 'd say

In five races, Bruno has made contact with six other cars.

I'm sure Lady Bracknell had something to say on the subject of misfortune and carelessness, but can't quite recall... ;)

that is what is a concern that Bruno seems to be involved in too many scraps and seems to have carried this on from his Lotus Renault stint

I do say Sunday was not his fault..incidentally Schumacher has got a 5 place penalty

Oh dear Bruno

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99651

It appears the rumours aren't confined to Clip The Apex anymore. Notice the quotes by the way - although they seem to be in full support of Senna they are very carefully worded so that if they do decide to bin him Mr Wolfe doesn't look stupid.

I only heard it being seriously mentioned in quali when Bruno spun out in Q1 whilst Pastor makes Q3

I do not think they will put Botteri into the deep end yet as Bruno's name and association with Williams Renault is the reason he is still hanging onto to his seat

I think they are hoping for the fairytale win Senna in a Williams Renault like Mercedes are with Schumacher and don't want to drop him

obviously if Bruno junks a lot more cars thats a different story then

Bruno Senna has been awarded the 2012 Lorenzo Bandini Trophy, which is awarded each year for "great promise at beginning of F1 career".

Previous winners include Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso & Michael Schumacher.

How odd this award is. Its not like they were short of candidates either is it? Grosjean has done less races, Perez has done less races even his gp winning team mate Maldonado has done less races and all shown more promise.

Be interested to know who was on the panel!

Brogan

Strictly speaking, the bandini trophy is awarded to an outstanding figure from the world of motor racing- doesn't have to be at the beginning of their career- hence how Di montezemelo won it in 1997. Quite often it's awarded to the exciting driver who breaks through- or the new driver that generates headlines. Capelli won it in 1992.... Whilst he was the midst of his worst season- albeit for Ferrari!

Lets not forget that there were two Williams drivers playing amateur hour in Valencia - Senna driving into Kobayashi was the first!

Back
Top Bottom