Bernie Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone attempted to qualify for a single World Championship event. He was in a Connaught-Alta, one of a fleet of three entered by himself. He finished qualifying 265.2 seconds off the pace, and his two team-mates failed to qualify as well.

He is, however, the most important single person in Grand Prix history. He took charge of Motor Racing Developments in 1972, from Ron Tauranac. He was the team principal for Nelson Piquet's two drivers' titles, but he'd lost interest by the time Brabham missed the deadline to enter the 1988 World Championship.

Into the governance of the sport he went, and he modernised it, and quickly controlled Formula One. He is now the leader of a billion-dollar industry. He is a divisive figure, but he's not done badly for someone who was four minutes off the pace on a Saturday in Monaco.

:facepalm:

So the chap who was on trial for offering a bribe offers to pay the German prosecutors 100 million (no Dr Evil impressions please) dollers to drop the case.

The judge is to rule on whether to accept the cash (I'm sure there's a better word for it) later today.

You can't beat justice only for those who can afford it.

I expected no less from Mr Ecclestone.

The great trick Bernie tries to play on everyone is that he is not very bright and all his moves are seemingly random. He is like a great chess player and see's about 40 moves ahead of everyone else. There is no doubt in my mind that Bernie has taken F1 from the little amateur sport it was in the 80's to the giant all media coverage sport it is today. Whether we are better for it I don't know but he's done it.

I'd almost admire him if he wasn't so fundamentally evil.

So it will be back to situation normal then with Bernie running the show. I wonder if CVC (as they are rumoured to be) will still sell their 35 percent stake in the sport now ??

Last edited:
If you want to read a classic example of world-class butt-kissing, go to motorsport and read Lauda's reaction to the verdict. one of his priceless lines: If the allegations are gone from the table, Bernie did everything right".

Excuse me while I :sick:

Bernie's Motto

539523881_customer_feedback_shit_hits_the_fan_xlarge.jpeg

I can't think of a top driver who hasn't done exceptionally well under Ecclestone's time in charge, just look at the number who live in tax havens. Why bite the hand that feeds you?

Oh **** off you little shit.

Billionaire Ecclestone said: "They really didn't have a case."

He added: "The judge more or less said I was acquitted... so I was a bit of an idiot to do what I did to settle because it wasn't with the judge, it was with the prosecutors.

"Anyway, it's done and finished, so it's all right. I'm content - it's all fine. This now allows me to do what I do best, which is running F1."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28671472

Bernie says on tonights ten o'clock news "I want to do what I do (run F1) for as long as I can"

No Bernie, just call it a day please. I no longer care about better the devil you know. Enough is enough now.

Back
Top Bottom