BBC to axe F1 from 2013? Confirmed - F1 will be on Sky from 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad race choices, but at least we'll be able to get the full Monza race as it is waaay shorter than 90mins.

Cheers. If they show no highlights.....>:(

Why didn't the Beeb go straight for Canada and the US if they could show the European races at prime time?
I can understand maybe the US race won't happen, so the Beeb didn't go for that, but if they're going for one race per month, why didn't they go for Canada over Valencia?

I assume the BBC and Sky had alternate picks - if BBC went for Silverstone and Abu Dhabi as their first choices, maybe Sky picked up Montreal?

I assume the BBC and Sky had alternate picks - if BBC went for Silverstone and Abu Dhabi as their first choices, maybe Sky picked up Montreal?
BBC had first 3, then Sky next 3, and so on.

Jakes staying with the Beeb
Woohoo!
Hopefully he'll keep Jordan and Coulthard too making Sky the even better channel to watch.

From Jakes Twitter account:

F1 Forum remains, live free practive remains, everything available on the iPlayer, and we'll also be presenting from ALL the races.

All coverage remains in HD.

18/03 Australia
25/03 Malaysia
15/04 China
22/04 Bahrain
13/05 Spain
27/05 Monaco
10/06 Canada
24/06 Europe
08/07 Great Britain
22/07 Germany
29/07 Hungary
02/09 Belgium
09/09 Italy
23/09 Singapore
07/10 Japan
14/10 Korea
28/10 India
04/11 Abu Dhabi
18/11 United States
25/11 Brazil
Black - Full, live race and Qualifying coverage.
Red - 120min highlights at 2 o'clock, Qualifying 75min at 1 o'clock
Blue - 90min highlights at 5 o'clock, Qualifying 75min at half past 5
Orange - Highlights shown, exact time unknown.

Reactions: mjo
So practically full races from early morning, but at normal time, full Monza race, and shortened German and Hungarian races.
The question is what about Canada and US? It would be ridiculous if highlights were at 11pm or something.
All in all, not the best deal, but it could have been do much better.
The lineup gets announced in the next few days, hope the BBC F1 team stays together.

Rumour going around that commentary team is going to be David Croft and Martin Brundle. Don't quote me on that though

Good old Jake, although i will miss not having him every race. Have to admit had Sky got him and maybe EJ they'd not be much worth staying with BBC for. Glad the old team doesn't seem like it is going to be broken up.

I think BBC have done well considering the scenario. If they only lose Martin, Crofty and Ted. I think i will still be choosing their coverage when i can. Though might flick over for Martin's grid walk. Wouldn't it be brilliant if BBC were doing their gridwalk and Martin turned up to interview the same driver and had to wait his turn. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom