BBC to axe F1 from 2013? Confirmed - F1 will be on Sky from 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I start a petition asking for the abolition of e-petitions on Government websites? Take it from me, their neither use nor ornament. I started one complaining about a certain financial institution which garnered enough signatures for the Government to investigate them, which they did. But then they refused to publish the details of their findings as it might "compromise their competitive situation". What was the point of that then?

Sorry if I sound a bit negative but Goverment is not going to step in to force Bernie to sell the rights of F1 to any free to air broadcaster. If our national sports, football, cricket and rugby, can all be snaffled up by Pay TV (despite the EU stepping in) a minority sport like F1 doesn't have a hope.

I too share you cynisism however you have to be in a race to win it - however slim the chances are.

Can I start a petition asking for the abolition of e-petitions on Government websites? Take it from me, their neither use nor ornament. I started one complaining about a certain financial institution which garnered enough signatures for the Government to investigate them, which they did. But then they refused to publish the details of their findings as it might "compromise their competitive situation". What was the point of that then?

Sorry if I sound a bit negative but Goverment is not going to step in to force Bernie to sell the rights of F1 to any free to air broadcaster. If our national sports, football, cricket and rugby, can all be snaffled up by Pay TV (despite the EU stepping in) a minority sport like F1 doesn't have a hope.
Yes, but that is apparently the reason they have redesigned the site, to make it so that these things are definitely discussed in parliament if they reach 100,000 signatures, not like Liebours efforts where some work experience kid may get to look at it..

Yes, but that is apparently the reason they have redesigned the site, to make it so that these things are definitely discussed in parliament if they reach 100,000 signatures, not like Liebours efforts where some work experience kid may get to look at it..

They won't be "definitely discussed", they'll go before a committee who will decide exactly how democratic this process is, or not. My excitement is well under control.

One thing I think many have misunderstood about this system is as Galahad says, the 100,000 signatures is for it to have a chance of being debated. Anything they don't like they can and probably will ignore.

The 'give the peasants enough power to make them happy' aproach seems to have worked - you've still got no power but you think you have because they told you you have

Anything they don't like they will ignore.

Corrected that for you Dave ;)

Government response to petition asking for F1 to be kept on Free to Air TV

sweep-under-the-rug-ssqq-dot-com.jpg

OMG I have just had a horrible thought. What if Jonathan Legard gets a job commentating on Sky.

OMG OMG OMG I think I am having a panic attack.

OMG I have just had a horrible thought. What if Jonathan Legard gets a job commentating on Sky.

OMG OMG OMG I think I am having a panic attack.
At least there would be another reason not to watch f1 on sky and to sign the e- petition to keep f1 free-to-air

I cant believe this will /could be the last season I will watch in full!

I don’t follow football, golf or cricket so there’s no way I’m getting sky sports to only see the 10 or so races I cant watch in full on the beeb! Call it 10 2 hour races, that’s 12 months subscription for 20 hours of viewing, 40 with qually, very expensive indeed.

I guess its highlights for me, oh I hope its just a delayed re-run, I could easily accept that. With highlights I fear my interest could fade if I can only follow every other race properly, I’ve only watched one race on highlights, 98 I think it was, I was away and the video failed and its just not the same, cant really build up any excitement or anticipation with gaining cars or battles.

Its so bad id even accept ITV’s infuriating adverts again over sky! lol

Agreed.

Those who don't have/don't want to purchase Sky can watch all the races in full, a few hours delayed.

Those who do have Sky get the added bonus of all the support races.
And no Jake, Eddie or DC :D

Thats good news. I hope they don't just have it as a rolling thing like the classic races though or you'll have to guess when to come in.

Also hope its still available on Iplayer

If it is though then its not as bad as we feared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom