BBC to axe F1 from 2013? Confirmed - F1 will be on Sky from 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
1200 now.

Currently the only thing the Great British taxpayer wants more than free F1 coverage is the ban on the death penalty to continue.

Virgin are the first team to express concerns/reservations with the deal:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93642

Bernie's prize pot only really pays out big money to the top 10 teams in the championship, so for HRT and Virgin it's easy to see why a reduced audience could be extremely bad news. Kudos to Graeme Lowdon for (ironically through Autosport) not trying to tell the fans what they should think about it.

I wonder if Sky will screw the small teams in favour of the big teams in terms of TV money like they have done with Premiership football such that Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc get richer whilst clubs at the bottom get poorer and run into financial mess.... I can see teams like Ferrari and Mclaren angling towards this because after all the teams want more money from the TV revenue which they only get 50% shared based on where they finish in the constructors .

Bernie will not be around to do the next deal which basically opens the way for Sky to buy the rights to F1 exclusively and I can see Murdoch rubbing his hands with delight

the bBC are getting more useless and rubbish every year with their programmes barring a few sports events like Wimbledon for two weeks.

@ 22:07 (BST) on 18/08/2011,
there have been 20,026 signatures. A fifth of the way there! At this rate, it will get enough signatures by Christmas!

I am now signed up. I guess the chances of this reaching 100,000 and being raised in parliament are some what slim.
Have people posted this on other message boards? How about someone who uses twitter and facebook setting up a page for this petition. That way more people may get to hear about it. I would do it myself but Im not on friendface or chatter.

Can I start a petition asking for the abolition of e-petitions on Government websites? Take it from me, their neither use nor ornament. I started one complaining about a certain financial institution which garnered enough signatures for the Government to investigate them, which they did. But then they refused to publish the details of their findings as it might "compromise their competitive situation". What was the point of that then?

Sorry if I sound a bit negative but Goverment is not going to step in to force Bernie to sell the rights of F1 to any free to air broadcaster. If our national sports, football, cricket and rugby, can all be snaffled up by Pay TV (despite the EU stepping in) a minority sport like F1 doesn't have a hope.

Sorry if I sound a bit negative but Goverment is not going to step in to force Bernie to sell the rights of F1 to any free to air broadcaster. If our national sports, football, cricket and rugby, can all be snaffled up by Pay TV (despite the EU stepping in) a minority sport like F1 doesn't have a hope.

However, they could put it on the 'crown jewels' free-to-air list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom