Gaming Batracer is GO!!!

McZiderRed said:
I know one shouldn't read too much into the practice times ;) , but Alonso's 19th & last! Still, the only way is up...! :whistle:

only in practice :) if you check the first qualifying fernando is swaying between 8th and 9th found his 6 tenths? as long as he passes them on i dont mind :)

Qualifying hasn't started yet :s

If you check the Qualifying results you will note that everyone's runs and times are 0 so the positions are meaningless.

I've just logged on to find my team-mate is an expreienced race winner! :1st:

This is ace! The season hasn't even started yet, but it's already as good as the real thing! Just hope my Honda stays the course and does me proud.... :popcorn:

Good luck everyone!

McZ

Well, an interesting qualifying session there. I'm delighted with second for Super Aguri but I suspect the Ferraris and BMWs will have the legs on us in the race.

You hit a spot of bad luck there Brogan, it'll have to be a burn from the stern!

Remember everyone to do your warmup runs now, to fine-tune your setups for the race. Once you're happy with your setup (or as happy as you can get it), do your Driver Orders (how hard to push etc.) and your Race Strategy.

Race Strategy - Beginners' Guide

1. Select your start tyre. Unlike in real F1, you don't have to use both hard and soft types during the race. Typically with hard tyres you can make one stop, with soft tyres you're better off making two stops because they wear faster. You can experiment with this though - and there is a Tyre Usage slider in the Driver Orders section so you can tell your driver to go easy (or push hard).

2. "Tyre Usage in Changing Weather Conditions" - this is probably the most difficult bit to understand. There are four sliders in this section, corresponding to the four different tyre types - Cut Slick Soft, Cut Slick Hard, Intermediate and Full Wet. In Batracer, the weather is on a scale from 0 (Bone Dry) to 100 (Monsoon).

The sliders in this section tell the pit crew which tyres to put on the car at each pitstop, according to the current weather conditions. The pit crew will always put on the tyre that is closest on the slider to the current weather.

Example:

Cut Slick Hard - slider position 10
Intermediate - slider position 39
Full Wet - slider position 88

If the driver pits when the weather is bone dry (0), hard compound cut slicks will be put on (since 10 is closest to 0).
If the driver pits when the weather is 25, intermediates will be put on (since 25 is closer to 39 than it is to 10).
If the driver pits when the weather is 70, full wets will be put on (70 closer to 88 than 39).

So as you can (hopefully) see, the important thing is the mid-point between the different tyres. Of course, since most races are dry this is usually not an issue so don't worry about it. Experience will help you to decide where to put the sliders, but if you went for Dry - 0, Inters - 50, Wets - 75 you probably won't be far wrong

One other thing - the check boxes underneath each slider indicate whether you are going to have this tyre as an option to be put on at a pitstop or not. You should only ever tick EITHER soft OR hard compound dry tyres, never both. I would strongly recommend that you always keep both intermediates and full wets ticked - if it rains mid-race and you've got no wet tyres you'll look like a right nelly.

You can use the check boxes to vary tyre compounds through the race, e.g. if you select Cut Slick Soft as your start tyre, then tick Cut Slick Hard on the slider (and untick Cut Slick Soft) then you will start the race on the Soft tyre and put on Hard tyres at your pitstop(s).

Unfortunately you cannot vary tyre changes on multiple stop strategies though, so you can do Soft-Hard-Hard or Hard-Soft-Soft, but not Soft-Hard-Soft or Hard-Soft-Hard. Whichever tyre you choose, will be put on at EVERY pit stop.

Oh, one last thing - the pit crew will always put on the least-worn tyre of that particular type that is available.

Any more questions let me know (I guess I've just confused everybody?)

I just took my first win in my first race on my Public Game! Wet weather, changing conditions. Get in! :thankyou:

Thanks for the tips GM.

Brilliant, I am making my excuses already

In quali "I made a mistake" LOL

I'm playing my cards close to my chest, but I may or may not have been taking racing lessons from Takuma Sato ;)

Well, my race could have gone a bit better! A snail's pace, on a one stop strategy, blocking like a goodun' for 16 laps and then crocked in an accident on lap 17! My race was realistically over at that point.

Still, on to Sepang!

Well after some bad luck in qualifying, I changed my strategy and managed to pull it out of the bag in the race.

Quite pleased overall considering where I started on the grid :D

Having dropped 10 places by the end of the first lap , I have to say I'm pretty pleased with my 5th place ;). And considering I was still on a 2 stop strategy then I am very happy. 11passes in one race! And check out lap 6 - 4 passes in one lap and 2 in one corner (turn 9)

Sweet. BMW 1-2 at Sepang!! Nice one stopper there Brogan.

tbh............ i think me and fernando have been sabotaged both in quali and race where did those flipping inters come from ? huh? who did it? ROFL

never mind well done to the top 3, doubt you'll see me there this season :)

My one stopper from 16th was looking good at one point LOL

11th from 16th can't be too unhappy about that - On to Sepang!

buxted-plump said:
tbh............ i think me and fernando have been sabotaged both in quali and race where did those flipping inters come from ? huh? who did it? ROFL

never mind well done to the top 3, doubt you'll see me there this season :)

I thought we did well despite the plot to sabotage us both

From P21 to P13 and possibly even grabbing a few points , had I not crashed on lap 40 was quite impressive

Theres always light at the end of the tunnel.

see...

Your sixth in Warmup

Get in there

Back
Top Bottom