Gaming Batracer is GO!!!

buxted-plump said:
[quote="jamesmartis_racing":1ikrweco]Come on Ferrari!! :D

2nd & 3rd, good start! hope we can keep it up

not if the white powder comes out and there's a steward's investigation i might have to find some talc myself (if it will help) [/quote:1ikrweco]

Everyone knows ferrari have always been a 'clean' and 'fair' racing team, distancing themselves from controversy at all times ;)

All this contravercy business goes well over our heads at Honda, you know... We're way to innocent for that kind of thing!

By the way, when it comes to qualifying tommorow, how does one measure the moistness of moist? :p
And will the white powder I have help to dry it up..? :whistle:

Nice drive by Brogan at Melbourne, showing how it should be done whilst one stopping, though for me I don't think one stop is my thing... I tried having a go at my race engineer, but I got his reaspone >>

I can see this is going to be a long, long season.. LOL

It's difficult to know what the programmer means by "moist".
I guess this is where experience of BATracer comes in.

If bone dry is 0% and torrential rain is 100%, is moist 20%, 30% or what?

This is crucial to know as it will mean the difference between slicks and inters.

I suppose the safe option would be inters. After all, sliding off on the first run on slicks wouldn't be good. The worst that can happen on inters is that you'd be slower, and we all know what you can do from starting near the back row Brogan! ;)

I'm edging towards inters meself...

We here at Red Bull have a group of charming young ladies handing out free cans of Red Bull to all who pass by in a desperate bid to increase our fan base while distracting our fellow mechanics by the use of said charming young ladies, and of course a selection of charming chaps for the ladies who work in the pit lane as well.

Trouble is with all the Red Bull we've been drinking we are all on a caffine rush and haven't slept for two months which may go some whay to explain just how poor we were in the last race.

Oh well. On we go....... :snigger:

C_A_T

Team Principle of Lotus Team Red Bull :goodday:

This game is starting to become annoying.

Even though I have a conservative setup, in adddition to making a mistake in qualifying in Melbourne, I have apparently just damaged my car during warm up and lost all my setup runs.

The random events in this game are just a bit too random for my liking...

It's tough getting the experimentation slider right for practice runs.

I'll tell you what frustrating is though. Having a 100% setup for qualifying, having totally clean runs and still ending up way down on the grid.

GordonMurray said:
I'll tell you what frustrating is though. Having a 100% setup for qualifying, having totally clean runs and still ending up way down on the grid.
I can imagine.
We haven't managed to get 100% yet so you should have been right up there with us at least.

How did you manage to get 100% for Qualifying bearing in mind the changes required for moist conditions?

Still, perhaps you can switch to a 1 stopper now and do what I did in Melbourne? :D

One thing I'm struggling to understand is how the system deals with settings during the set up periods.

We've just (as a team) managed to get most of the settings correct.
However, some of the final spot on values we had already used yesterday during practice yet the system didn't recognise them as the spot on values at the time :s

This makes it difficult to find the correct values as we were naturally dismissing all previous values at the expense of wasting test runs.

Told you all - BMW 1-2!

GM, I think you didn't get in the last 10 because you were using hard slicks. Softs or Inters were the tires to go on. Looks like it'll be dry for the race though.

There's a little bit in the help section about altering your setup for changing conditions. You have to use your engineer's advice as well in doing this. The equation is Q = P + (18% x E). Q is the final number you want for your setup. P is your current setup number. E is the number you will find in your engineer's advice section. 18% is the wetness for moist conditions (this number will change depending on the condition e.g heavy rain is 72 % I think).

Go BMW!

I think soft slicks were the way to go, but there shouldn't have been such a big discrepancy between the softs and hards.

Probably I just didn't push hard enough in Q2, that's a lesson learned.

"One thing I'm struggling to understand is how the system deals with settings during the set up periods.

We've just (as a team) managed to get most of the settings correct.
However, some of the final spot on values we had already used yesterday during practice yet the system didn't recognise them as the spot on values at the time"

Brogan - the test session will randomly give you feedback on certain setup parameters, but doesn't check them all.

If the value isn't correct, it'll tell you which way to move the slider, and if it is correct it'll say "Spot On". But if that parameter isn't one of the randomly selected ones, it won't say anything - that doesn't mean it's wrong, it just means there's no data on that parameter for that run. Best to leave the slider where it is and try again.

GordonMurray said:
If the value isn't correct, it'll tell you which way to move the slider, and if it is correct it'll say "Spot On". But if that parameter isn't one of the randomly selected ones, it won't say anything - that doesn't mean it's wrong, it just means there's no data on that parameter for that run. Best to leave the slider where it is and try again.
Aha!
So you may well have it spot on but if that parameter isn't selected for feedback during that run then you won't know.

Good info' for next time, thanks.

You've got it.

The higher the experimentation slider, the more setup parameters will be checked. This obviously being offset against the risk of a costly practice shunt.

I definately believe I am being sabotaged now, Even though im driving for Force India!

P6 in Qualifying

Started Brilliantly

UP TO P2 Before pitting.

In P10 when out of pits

Ended up ahead of my team mate whos in P11.

At this point I Was on for a win or at LEAST a podium

Collision with MY OWN TEAM MATE WHILE DEFENDING MY POSITION!

*Alonso has collided with Martis whilst trying to defend P10! Martis is out of the race! Alonso is out of the race! :censored:

OUT of race on LAP 23!

To make matters even worse... WERE BOTH OUT!

what the hell!

:censored: >:( :givemestrength:

Back
Top Bottom