Gaming Batracer is GO!!!

Hmm, so far we've got 6 players signed up, a little disappointing. Anyone else interested? There are still plum drives at McLaren, Ferrari and BMW available.

I would suggest a deadline of Sunday before I open the game up to 606 users? If anyone has suggestions on how we can drum up some more support please let me know.

Unfortunately traffic to the site is very low due to the season being finished.

In hindsight it might have been better to start the game just before the last race, while there were still plenty of people around.

I keep asking myself why I picked Red Bull when there were better drives available. :crazy:

Oh well, Guess I like a challenge. :snigger:

C_A_T

buxted-plump said:
Brogan, as administrator, can't you send an e-newsletter to all the members inviting them to join? just a thought :)
I could but I know a lot of people don't like receiving emails of that nature and consider it spam.

The fact that a lot of members aren't visiting the site or of those that have, haven't signed up probably means the majority of people aren't interested.
I think it's best therefore that we just let people make their own decision to particpate.

I'm sure you're right Brogan.

As it stands I'll have to put the game on pause across Christmas and New Year anyway. Wish I'd got it organised a bit sooner, still I'm sure we'll get a full complement eventually.

Just signed up as Brogans experienced driver at Torro Rosso.....ROFL

Anyway, have absolutely no idea what to do so I may drive the wrong way!

Good luck all.

well............ i signed up and joined another race - and for all i get some spot-ons for set up.............. being force india i dont seem to progress........? havent a clue what im doing wrong....maybe its the car i chose??? never mind :)

Many times today I have been unable to get on BATracer and have been greeted by the following message:

"Sorry - we are experiencing very heavy demand at the moment and have had to cap the number of non-Kool Tools players that can be logged on at any one time. Please try again shortly. To jump the queue you could upgrade to Kool Tools now by clicking the PayPal logo below"

It's a shame that they restrict access to the site in this manner.
I was considering advertising the site on there but this experience has left a bitter taste...

Sorry to hear that Brogan, I didn't know they do that.

I've been having problems with some of their pages loading today so I don't think spending the few pounds actually makes much difference. :(

Just in case anyone doesn't see it in Driver Chat, this is the newbie guide info' posted by Super Aguri's team leader.

1. Have you already got a team mate? Look in the Office>Team Talk, see if they have posted their setups for you.

2. Go to Garage>Car Setup. Click on the Engineers Advice link and make a note of what it says

3. Go to Garage>Car Setup and do your practice runs. Use the Engineers Advice to help you set the starting positions for the sliders. After each run you get feedback on which way you need to move the sliders to get closer to the ideal setup. Consider how high you want the experimentation level set - the higher it is the more feedback you get on each run, but the higher the risk of a costly practice accident.

4. Once the Practice session is over, go to Garage>Quali Strategy and set your strategy for the three qualifying sessions. Remember that the system is the same as in real F1 - top 16 progress from Q1, top 10 from Q2. Also remember you have a limited number of tyres which have to go through another round of practice (the pre-race Warmup) and the race itself, so use them wisely.

As and when the teams fill up you can share setup information with your team mate and fine-tune your setups at any time before qualifying.

I'm in, I'm on and set-up for qualifying :D

Just mooching around the back of the garage at the moment chatting to my engineers and my supermodel girlfriend,

Vroom vroom!

I'm sure most of you already know this but after a practice run you will get feedback on the car set up.

So for example you will see something like this:
Notice the text below the sliders which says "increase setting?" or "decrease setting?".

After moving the sliders as suggested so they are in the dark green zone, the recommendations should then disappear.
Like so:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.png
    2.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 169
Another top tip is to use your "feedback" slider at the top of your car set up page to good effect. If you set it too high you run the risk of crashing and dropping laps but if you manage to find the right level you will maximise the level of feedback. I set mine to around 75 percent which I find gives me good feedback but isn't as risky. Depending on your pre-selected driving styles and other variables you may find you can get this slider higher or you may have to go lower either way it's a useful tool.

Regards

C_A_T

:goodday:

Thanks for this guys.

When you've played for so long it's difficult to remember what was confusing at the start! If anyone has any questions please do ask, it's not much fun if you don't know what you're doing. :)

Hopefully once we've got the first race out of the way it will all make more sense.

Back
Top Bottom