Ask The Apex

Ivan Capelli finished 29 times in 93 starts. That's a retirement rate of 68.8%. Piercarlo Ghinzani finished 21 times in 74 starts: 71.6% Does anyone have a worse finishing rate than these two?

Can't beat that but would mention Andre De Cesseries had 137 retirements in 208 starts. That makes a 65% retirement rate which is not as much as above but it's a hell of a lot starts!

I missed 1966 Italy off that list. None of the nine drivers who finished that day had won a race before (though they included Denny Hulme and Jochen Rindt...)

The Italian GP was the first time since the previous time an unnecessary safety car ****ed up a race and a driver who was never in contention inherited a win.

The Italian GP was the first time since the previous time an unnecessary safety car ****ed up a race and a driver who was never in contention inherited a win.

but it wasnt unnecssary. as the race director said the marshall post wasnt big enough, i could see that from just on tv & marshall stood next to each other. so it had to go in the pit lane. & i dont like the myth that gasly inherited this win. he got a bit fortunate but no more than quite few drivers that have used a VSC to their advantage. he was in Q3, the team pitted gasly on the off chance there could be a VSC or SC thats good strategy by the team, it could also not have worked out & struggling on the tyres. also at the restart i think he was a net 5th behind sainz stroll kimi & giovinazzi. so he won that race through a cracking opening lap to take the net lead. then under huge pressure knowing he may never get a better opportunity to win a race. took it home mistake free

even sainz was 2nd on merit, 3rd on the grid & in normal race. sainz still comes 2nd

does anyone know when did the 305km rule came into F1, because back in 1972 spanish gp, where they did 90 laps last time they had more laps than upcoming sunday, had the 305km rule

I love some of the city cars. The Ford Ka, and the Fiat 500 ( ok rubbish, I know) but I don’t live in a city. So I want the next one up. I have been looking at the Ford Fiesta cider_and_toast , but what about the VW Polo ?

I've never driven a polo Titch so I can't comment on that one.

A few years ago my car was off the road so I had a Fiesta for over a week as a courtesy car. I did a lot of motorway miles at the time. It was only a 1.2 petrol. Also, I'm 6ft5 so not a small bloke.

I thought the Fiesta was great. Nippy around town and comfortable at motorway speeds with no worries. Decent interior and fit. A solid car all round.

One of my son's had a Fiesta ST Line (1,.3 turbo) and thought it was great, the other has had a Polo GTI for about 4 years and is similarly very pleased with it. The new Toyota Hybrids are good as well Titch, like the new Yaris. I have an Aygo and although I don't have any problems with it wouldn't say it's the best car for the money.

Back
Top Bottom