Ask The Apex

well possibly because didn't turn out that Marlboro were still subliminally sponsoring McLaren til 96 & Ferrari until 2010/2011?? because of that livery at McLaren & the barcode on the Ferrari I'm sure I heard a few unconfirmed rumours that Maurizio Arrivabene used to be a marketing executive for Philip Morris at Marlboro

1200px-Felipe_Massa_Ferrari_Bahrain_2010_GP.jpg

Did you know the 1976 British Grand Prix was not shown live on TV due to the Surties team having Durex sponsorship on their cars?

Titch All that came over a decade later though.

My original question was more to do with why the European GP in '85 was treated any differently juts because it was the european rather than the british GP. At a time when the ban on tobacco advertising was restricted to Britain and Germany why calling is the European GP somehow place it outside of british law? :thinking:

What was even more puzzling was that thaat team Lotus did withdraw their John Player logos whereas McLaren and Ligier displayed their full Marlboro and Giranes liveries.

Anyway, probably not the mos interesting topic around, just curious....

I've always despised that logo combination, it fails on so many areas of design. Never crossed my mind that it had something to do with Marlboro, so it fails even more and I like it even less. Harrumph.

Is someone going to do a driver write up for Brendan Hartley? I'd have a go myself but having not actually seen much of his career over in WEC I don't feel I'm qualified.

Only current driver on the grid without his own thread.

I'd write one but it's my prediction he'll be dropped before the end of the season.

As one of our biggest WEC fans it could be one for you FB?

Having had a busy family weekend I did not get to watch the Formula E race. Is it possible to watch a replay since the promoters seem to have decided excluding viewers is a good idea?

Picking up on the Marlboro subliminal advertising Mission Winnow is part of Philip Morris International and is "to build a better future of the 1.1 billion people who smoke". Not sure of I feel this appropriate given the smoking advertising ban.

Back
Top Bottom