Are you excited for 2011?

Are you excited about the 2011 season?

• Very excited

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Quite excited ; optimistic at the least

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Not excited (Couldn't care less for Brogan)

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Very pessimistic ; dreading it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm happy to wait a few races

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enja

isn't dead.
Valued Member
Inspired by Brogan's saddening downbeat post on his lack of enthusiasm for F1 this year, here, I wanted to know how other people felt.

Are you excited? Pessimistic?

A few weeks ago I was very pessimistic about the upcoming season with all the changes, but now I'm much much more interested to see how they turn out and I'm willing to give them a chance.

Can't wait!

Even if "my" team seem to have developed a pup.
disappointed.gif

I am looking forward to it.But excited, not a bit.It will be as it always has been.The usual moans from the fans.The usual whinging from the drivers.It has always been like that in the fifty odd years that I have been watching it.
Can't see this season being any different.

I am always "very excited" at the start of any season, shame about Bahrain and the extra wait though.

We had a corker last year, in many ways, and this year could be even better.

I am looking forward to it.But excited, not a bit.It will be as it always has been.The usual moans from the fans.The usual whinging from the drivers.It has always been like that in the fifty odd years that I have been watching it.
Can't see this season being any different.

You dissemble, I think - otherwise why would you keep with it?

A stoic or a masochist?
biggrin.gif

Neither.I simply like watching it.But it not the be all and end all of my interest in motorsport.
I get far more excited about other forms of motorsport.

I'm looking forwards to it but I am far from optimistic. I'm interested in how all the changes pan out, although recent trends look like continuing (RB at the fore, McL not doing as well as they should.) One thing I am looking forwards to seeing is if any of the midfield teams can build on the various testing promise we have seen from them, I would love if it was close between many teams.

I've voted 'Quite optimistic' but more accurately I'm 'Curious' and 'Intrigued'. To be honest I'm never jumping up and down with excitement at this time of year, at least not like I was in the past, but that's probably a consequence of not having a strong affiliation with any particular team or driver.

I get excited when the lights go green out!

I shall be totally candid, put my cards on the table, and make plain my feelings on this matter.

I don't know how I feel... I mean, it's really difficult to not get excited about something I know so little about! I sort of love finding things out but once I find out I'm often not that bothered. :bored:

I am a Lewis Hamilton "fanboy" and the thought of a repeat of 2009 (or 2010 for that matter) fills me with trepidation.

I have to add though that the pace of the Mercedes has filled me with a sense of wonder! It really is a remarkable turn around, that car is a second faster overnight. :) If Nico and Schuey start taking the fight to the Red Bulls and Ferraris then what a season we could have. :ok:

But deep down I will be in turmoil, waiting, hoping, burning and churning for a competitive McLaren and a sparkling Lewis. :popcorn:

I am a Lewis Hamilton "fanboy" and the thought of a repeat of 2009 (or 2010 for that matter) fills me with trepidation.
I have to add though that the pace of the Mercedes has filled me with a sense of wonder! It really is a remarkable turn around, that car is a second faster overnight. :)
But deep down I will be in turmoil, waiting, hoping, burning and churning for a competitive McLaren and a sparkling Lewis. :popcorn:
But surely Merc's turnaround gives us Hammy fans hope that Mclaren can do it too! After all, the car is not dog slow like the 2009 one, and Jenson Button has said today that he believes the car has pace which is still being masked by their reliability problems. Maybe that's just him trying to sound positive but until race results prove otherwise, I still have cause to hope that he is right.

I'm optimistic; I just get the feeling that we can all moan, but we will still watch.

For an avowed nerd, my fix of adrenalin is quite low, at that start/finish line on lap 1 will do it!

Of course I'm intrigued.

Back
Top Bottom