Are you excited for 2011?

Are you excited about the 2011 season?

• Very excited

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Quite excited ; optimistic at the least

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Not excited (Couldn't care less for Brogan)

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Very pessimistic ; dreading it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm happy to wait a few races

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Woohoo!

excited-crocodile-32715-1246917566-3.jpg

I am so excited for this season. These days i get excited for all grand prix weekends, let alone the 1st one of the year. It isn't my favourite sport technically, 2nd behind football, but because football is so overexposed these day it is now Formula 1 that i get excited for, because everything is building up to one thing. Practise, Quali, Raceday, it is all one event, with one result. My clock is telling me it is just over 31 hours till FP1. I can't wait for that first session because i will know the season has finally begun.

The McLaren pre-season is depressing me, but I am curious whether the new format will make the driver more important than the car.

The McLaren pre-season is depressing me, but I am curious whether the new format will make the driver more important than the car.

Unlikely the driver will be more important than the car, but it certainly seems like they will be more important than before. We could see some surprise results this season if you ask me. I definitely think this will suit Lewis because from what i've heard it is not so much about being easy on your tyres because they will degrade regardless. It more sounds like it is about handling the tyres when they go off and Lewis is better than anyone at handling an under performing machine.

I'm kind of surprised to see people voting for anything but "very excited". I was only a casual viewer till Lewis Hamilton came through in 2007, but now i kind of feel like we are living in a modern golden age. I remember F1 being quite stale during the Schumacher era (original). I was born in 1990 so don't remember previous golden eras. First memory of f1 is Damon Hill winning in 1996.

I was born in 1990 so don't remember previous golden eras. First memory of f1 is Damon Hill winning in 1996.
That was certainly a golden era for me (albeit a brief one), as was seeing his father winning the second of his two world titles and showing the rest the way round Monaco, before a certain Mr Senna did later on, with five wins there.

That was certainly a golden era for me (albeit a brief one), as was seeing his father winning the second of his two world titles and showing the rest the way round Monaco, before a certain Mr Senna did later on, with five wins there.

I only really started to follow it with Mika Hakkinen and David Coulthad back in the late 90s with Mclaren, who i've supported ever since, particularly since Lewis joined. I remember Mika's 2 titles being quite exciting but i despised Schumacher and Ferrari for their dominance. It then picked up again when Alonso* came through, but in all honesty looking at the history of the sport in the last 2 decades this must be the best it has been since Senna, Prost, Mansell, Piquet, Rosberg and Lauda were knocking about. We could be talking about Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Button and Schumacher in the same way in 20 years.

*as i mentioned that, I just remembered that their once was a time when i actually liked Fernando. Now he is my antagonist.

Yes very excited, can't wait, this winter seems to have taken an age to pass!!

Melborne always seems to throw up a few surprises too!

Which cat?

This cat?

Or this cat?

LOL

OK, I may be a little excited now.

Either is fine. Thanks for taking the onus off me to post LOL

I'm sure i speak for all of us when i say its good to see you getting a little bit excited about the season ahead. Its not good when our proprietor is in grumpy old man mode! :p and since i can't post the cat, maybe i can post some excitement...

That poor little chap should be careful. He'll give himself a coronary if he carries on like that..!! LOL
My dear old Mum always said it was best not to get over-excited, as there was always a "down-side". Although I think she was probably right - I've never been able to contain myself in some circumstances, which is why I am still ecstatic that the season is almost upon us :chuffed::cheer:

My dear old Mum always said it was best not to get over-excited, as there was always a "down-side". Although I think she was probably right - I've never been able to contain myself in some circumstances, which is why I am still ecstatic that the season is almost upon us :chuffed::cheer:

The closer we get to the start of FP1, I must admit that I'm starting to get a bit excited. The anticipation is building... :D

No, it won't be a let down! It's gonna be faaannntastic! :yes:

It's 2.30am in Melbourne right now, according to my Firefox clock gizmo! Not long now... :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom