Are McLaren Diluting Their WDC Efforts By Not Backing A Number 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand by my point about Jenson spurring Lewis on ... he's certainly proven he can at least match anyone else currently in the field...Jenson has actually shown that given the right equiptment he can bring home the bacon....I think Lewis responds well to have a team-mate breathing down his neck - you have to concide that Jenson is a lot closer to him than Kovi ever got and I think Mclaren develop better having 2 drivers working for them...I honestly think that having Jenson breathing down his neck will inspire Lewis to better drives this season. Thats my point and now its out there :p

I don't disagree with any of the sentences of yours i've cut and pasted above, Rasputin, my old friend. :)

Ray.I have seen that link before.Those figures are from 2007.

I read that RBR got 70 Million last year for 1st in the WCC and McLaren got about 65 Million. Last year. No too different than most years in terms of differentials. The number is lower because there was a huge recesssion in late 2008/early 2009 globally. In addition I read that Brawn got about 60-odd million for 1st in the 2009 WCC about 5 Mil more than RBR. I'll try to dig up the links when I get home. Cheers.

No I see that Ray and I was very frustrated by it but it was one incident..These things happen, they aren't favouring one over the other. But you don't see that do you?? ;)

I see that they seem to let Button get in the way of the faster Hamilton on a number of occassions out of 25 instances but ... but it seems rarely the case the other way around. ;)

I read that RBR got 70 Million last year for 1st in the WCC and McLaren got about 65 Million. Last year. No too different than most years in terms of differentials. I'll try to dig up the link when I get home. Cheers.
Thank you.I would prefer facts rather than estimates.Incidently Formula Money does have all the sponsorship figures for the various teams.Thats true.
Actual prize money is only available from the teams copy of the Concord agreement.And thats copyright of FOM.

I see that they seem to let Button get in the way of the faster Hamilton on a number of occassions out of 25 instances but ... but it seems rarely the case the other way around. ;)

Or it could be that Button is a better strategist and doing as Galahad has alluded to earlier. It may seem unpalatable but I very much doubt Whitmarsh is continually standing over both race engineers giving them instructions during the whole race.

Whitmarsh cried real tears when Button won last year, he has not done the same for Lewis, in fact he appeared to be unhappy China 2011

However I don't think this will have a detrimental effect on Hamiltons chance of beating Vettel

(warning - this post is meant to be humorous)

Look guys, I've not posted on this thread until now because we are descending into a slagging match here. It's never good when members are posting that they have stopped replying due to the nature of the posts, (look at the Monaco PQR) If this carries on this thread will be locked, but that's only a last resort and we don't want to use that. Can we please keep the discussion above board instead of the usual Whitmarsh/ Mclaren bias tripe.

MCLS

This thread has been locked as per MCLS' points made above, again it's devolved into a circuitous argument on if Button is better than Hamilton and vice versa and seems to be alienating posters that wish to have a sensible debate.

Speshal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom