Tennis Andy Murray

i wonder how he must feel losing that final, I was totally gutted myself, I watched and followed it throughout a wedding.

Always losing to Federer, as a big fan of his, it was a shame to see him lose all the time :(

IMO Andy played his best tennis ever, and, as the media picked up on....his self belief has taken a turn for the better....
He looked lean, athletic, & super fit/fast...& the better player in the first two sets, he was disadvataged by the fact he had played 5 hard fought sets...closer to the final, than his opponent
I am really looking forward to his future matches....
And, like him...would like to see more drug testing in tennis.

P.S...Hope it wasn't your wedding....?:rolleyes:

On Sky Sports 1 now..
Andy Murray is in the 'Sony Open' Final in Miami, he is playing David Ferrer (Esp)
I set all.......
Third set just started........

Did anyone watch the Andy Murray documentary last night ? I knew he was a pupil at the time of the Dunblane massacre but I didn't know his class was on its way to the gymnasium when Hamilton was in there murdering those poor kids and their teacher. I also had no idea Hamilton ran the boys club and actually knew the Murrays and even had lifts in their car.

Really powerful stuff. Amazing he came through that and can find the mental strength to talk about it. Also a really good insight into his day to day life. No idea he had so many people around him. On iplayer for another 6 days.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b02ywyts/Andy_Murray_The_Man_Behind_the_Racquet/

Murray on court now on 5 Live SX or you could watch Sky Sports 3 if you have it. I don't which is why I have a google search for the word 'stream' on standby. :D Shouldn't be to taxing hopefully.

IMO that was a an exciting match to watch. some great shots ..
It deserved to go to 4 sets...Murray won 7-5 6-1 3-6 6-1
I stopped up to watch the finish & Andy's interview, he praised the Argentinian & said he played some tricky shots.
It was said by one of the commentators that 'it is hard to believe that Mayer is not in the World Top 80'.
I think Murray's opponent in the third round.....is Mayer:blink:..... (Germany)

That biased commentator does my head in.

"Murray's not put a foot wrong"

Eh, so how come he's lost a set and several games in the match?

As I've said, a commentator couldn't believe Leonardo Mayer was not in the Top 80 players.
It took Andy a while to get the measure of him, LM played some brilliant shots.
I'm just watching it again:rolleyes:....... ahead of live tennis at 4pm.
Evans is playing Robredo (Spa)(13) later & if he wins....he will play RogerF...:popcorn:
Edit ..Federer is playing Mannarino (Fra) tonight, ..
Both these matches will be on late.

Last edited:
Andy's match against F. Mayer is next on Sky 3 ............after Wawrinka/Baghdatis, they are just nearing the end of third set.
Could be a few minutes or, if Baghdatis wins this set....it's a tie break.................heck ..he has:o
It will be as long as it takes now....:(

Murray taking on Nadal for a place in the French open final this afternoon. Coverage on ITV4.

Nadal the clear favorite he loves the French open. But if Murray can pull it off you have to fancy his chances in the final.

That's a big if but I have to agree with you if someone can beat Rafa then they stand a chance against Novak (I assume he will get through to the final).
If Andy loses we're still on line for a good final.
Almost win-win....except I'd rather like Andy to do it

Did you see the quarter final against Monfils? Man that gave me grey hairs but I loved the "I'm pissed off let's get this done" last set.
I don't think he'll be conceding any points to Rafa today.

C'mon Andy :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom