Alonso above Hamilton in Autocourse 2011!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If being ruthless is what Lewis needs to learn then he could look at Jenson & Alonso
But I cannot see him behaving like that.

Likely, to his own detriment. Although, I don't think that it is this shortcoming that is his biggest detractor. More his ability to gauge a situation and judge his approach to forge for himself, and his team, the best outcome.

Likely, to his own detriment. Although, I don't think that it is this shortcoming that is his biggest detractor. More his ability to gauge a situation and judge his approach to forge for himself, and his team, the best outcome.

I think you are right......but that wouldn't be Lewis Hamilton.

But he does always think of his team first, Button/Canada, the Trulli /Australia2009 saga., etc

Last year he did try.....not 'going for it' for several races. He seemed to go with the adage 'you can't win a GP in the first lap, but you can lose it.' On the other hand Button didn't hang back, as at times he has done, he went for it, some dubious radio calls helped too.

When split second decisions are needed...it's almost impossible to alter an instinctive reaction.....

I thought Lewis did brilliantly last year when he spun his car & got back in the race. But the verdict from the stewards, was that he should have stayed in the middle of the track, until all the cars had passed....he could have been there til the end of the race. He should have been commended for his quick thinking........ getting out of a potentially hazardous position.

The point I am trying to make is that Lewis maybe slower if he has to ponder........and he tried that last year

I think you are right......but that wouldn't be Lewis Hamilton.

It would be a matured and improved Lewis Hamilton with better results.

The point I am trying to make is that Lewis maybe slower if he has to ponder........and he tried that last year

When you say slower, do you mean it would take him more laps before he crashed out?

"Less haste, more speed", springs to mind.

Lewis is a great instinctive driver when on top of his game. However, his instinct is what is letting him down at the moment.

It would be a matured and improved Lewis Hamilton with better results.

In 2007 he had great results , he was immature then....& took all in his stride

When you say slower, do you mean it would take him more laps before he crashed out?
?.......
I meant the moment would have gone...the overtaking opportunity lost, trundling home with a few points or take a risk?
but hey Massa did that Spa 2008 & he was gifted the win!

Lewis avoided Button at Canada, ......later race Kobi was out of control when he crashed into Lewis...even Coulthard said later that it was 100% Kobi's fault.
Lewis... for his.... what has past is gone attitude, had already agreed with those who blamed him...though he didn't even see Kobi.

"Less haste, more speed", springs to mind.
But Lewis will never be a tortoise........Jenson managed to stop hanging back & hared it a few times, & obviously enjoyed it.

Lewis is a great instinctive driver when on top of his game. However, his instinct is what is letting him down at the moment.
And this is the hardest thing to change.........he did try last year with no good results.
But maybe he has been working on it through the winter months & a cold calculating ruthless :censored: will emerge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom