Alonso above Hamilton in Autocourse 2011!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Button never took Hamilton out in Canada Hamilton took himself out...

"IMO" would be a good suffix to that statement. Many would disagree with you for equally valid reasons. I'm on the fence, in the interests of not being a hypocrit and because I wouldn't say that Kobayashi took Hamilton out in Spa (which was a virtually identical incident, despite a completely converse outcome).

"IMO" would be a good suffix to that statement. Many would disagree with you for equally valid reasons. I'm on the fence, in the interests of not being a hypocrit and because I wouldn't say that Kobayashi took Hamilton out in Spa (which was a virtually identical incident, despite a completely adverse outcome).
No more please - it's getting tedious now.

Button never took Hamilton out in Canada Hamilton took himself out...
OOOOH! That I cannot accept. Lewis went in the wall to save hitting Button but Button just kept on coming. Even Button's put his hands up to this one. Anyway, water under the bridge now. Damage done.

OOOOH! That I cannot accept. Lewis went in the wall to save hitting Button but Button just kept on coming. Even Button's put his hands up to this one. Anyway, water under the bridge now. Damage done.
I have deleted my own post on this subject like I said I don't want to get involved...

I think Lewis needs to take a leaf out of Fernando's book & get tough...when JB moved over on him..he should have gone straight back at him. But then Mclaren might not have had any points at that race. Lewis is too kind...

By that logic, shouldn't Lewis have applied the brakes a little earlier or waited a couple of corners. Jenson wasn't going to hold that position. Trying desperately to keep to the Alonso comparison, Alonso gave drivers a lot of quarter last year. It was a tactic that paid well for him.

I'm getting a strange feeling of deja vu....

To be honest, the autocourse rankings are an opinion, as are the views in the thread, some are more biased by personal allegiances than others. My thoughts are that the top of the list must be Seb, then the remaining order is interchangeable. Alonso above Hamilton? Yes in my opinion, but more down to Lewis than Fernando.

Looking forward to seeing what happens this coming season.

That isn't the way LH races though.....
Last year held back several times at starts & it did not work for him.

He sees a space & goes for it....it is his strength
If he pulls it off......accolades,
if he doesn't......CHUMP....well not in my book.
He needs to get the belief in himself back...he had loads of it in 2007 & some hated him for it

Alonso is in my top 3 drivers... he is also a wily old fox......LH does not have any guile...

Now where is the palm-face emoticon when I need it?

Surely it would be a sign of intelligence to pick the moves that he knows he can stick, or at least has a good chance of doing so. There is nothing heroic, or even clever, and certainly not admirable, in going for a gap that isn't there.

It's a question of judgement. Something that is generally present in most great sports people. We all know that Lewis is super fast, nobody would argue against it, nut does he have the same judgement as Alonso? Few would argue for it at the moment.

It was judgement that put Alonso ahead of Hamilton last year and that trait is not one to be denigrated.

And you all know I am a Lewis fan, or supporter, first and foremost.

Now where is the palm-face emoticon when I need it?

Surely it would be a sign of intelligence to pick the moves that he knows he can stick, or at least has a good chance of doing so. There is nothing heroic, or even clever, and certainly not admirable, in going for a gap that isn't there.

.....JB was looking in his mirrors...he moved across on his team mate, I don't see anything clever in that. The gap was there I have watched it many times. Lewis didn't complain.....team points. But I agree with your earier point, that if Lewis had waited, he could easily have got past Button.......so who took their chance when it became available?

It's a question of judgement. Something that is generally present in most great sports people. We all know that Lewis is super fast, nobody would argue against it, nut does he have the same judgement as Alonso? Few would argue for it at the moment.

......LH doesn't have the same mind set as Alonso....nor Piquet/Massa as team mates.
I like Alonso as racer, but not his mind games & he can be very childish. But he gets his team behind him & his strategy is usually good.

It was judgement that put Alonso ahead of Hamilton last year and that trait is not one to be denigrated.
And you all know I am a Lewis fan, or supporter, first and foremost.

Hmm. Whilst I am a great supporter of Lewis, I also recognise his weaknesses. When he makes a bad call I won't make any excuses for him. I just hope he learns. If he doesn't, then I'm afraid his lack of maturity and ability to rationalise is going to cause me to hold him in a lesser regard. However, he is still young and I'm not writing him off yet.

I wouldn't say that Alonso is childish, as I might have done a couple of years ago. I would simply say that he is quite ruthless. An ingredient for success in such a competitive sport.

I don't know what else to say. I think I've been quite balanced.

You are only as good as your last season, and this leaves Lewis back in the "potential" bucket whilst Fernando is in the "achiever" bucket.

I'll carry on supporting Lewis and hope that he can grow enough to achieve his potential. He could look to either Jenson or Fernando for guidance on that matter.

If being ruthless is what Lewis needs to learn then he could look at Jenson & Alonso
But I cannot see him behaving like that.

If being ruthless is what Lewis needs to learn then he could look at Jenson & Alonso
But I cannot see him behaving like that.

I agree. He's too nice for his own good and is taken advantage of. You could say he needs to be more selfish and care less what others think about him, and what happens to them on the track. But then he wouldnt be Lewis hamilton.Id much rather he wins his own way than by aping Alonso or Button.

I'm getting a strange feeling of deja vu....

To be honest, the autocourse rankings are an opinion, as are the views in the thread, some are more biased by personal allegiances than others. My thoughts are that the top of the list must be Seb, then the remaining order is interchangeable. Alonso above Hamilton? Yes in my opinion, but more down to Lewis than Fernando.

Looking forward to seeing what happens this coming season.

So you agree with me too that Seb (Buemi) should be at the top of the list? LOL

Only playing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom