Football All things Football

It's a shame but almost all managerial careers in Football end in failure. Southgate's will be no different.

When he arrived he did bring a fresh approach and mentality to the England team. He brought through a younger side and did appear to be willing to make those big decisions.

Just like England's most successful manager Alf Ramsay, Southgate has now shown a stubborn failure to move forward and is sticking with a system and players that clearly aren't working

Ramsey stuck by Bobby Moore until it cost us qualification for the 1974 World Cup when just 8 years earlier he left England's greatest striker (at the time) out of the side that played the World Cup Final.

If I ever see 4-2-3-1 as an England line up again I think I'll have nightmares. There was one point yesterday where Kane won the ball on the half way line, behind the midfield 3, he looked up and had absolutely no one to pass it to. The attacking player making runs into the box was the one winning the ball in midfield. If you are going to play one up top as a target man, that guy needs to be told to stop wandering off and thinking you can play anywhere you like.

If Switzerland play like the did against Italy we're toast. With the high press, your defence can't play tippy tappy passes across the back line for 10 minutes before lumping the ball forward. The attacking team won't let you.

I hate Southgate ball and I can't wait for this to be over.

There are many options, you don't have to watch it, I don't , I either use other channels or stream, my preference is entertainment and football isn't
but thats football if your a fan, its like your kids you got to be there everytime & cant just turn up when things are good. you have got to sit through the misery of icelands & costa ricas to have the great moments of columbia

I was so sad when Bellingham scored as it meant another 30 minutes of the rubbish England have been playing. And now I'm going to have to watch their direness as they to lose to Switzerland.
the only hope is that swiss struggle to cope with the favourites tag for 1st time after being underdogs. but at the moment swiss should win that comfortable unless that hope against hope that gareth finally changes something

That was the most stressful football match I've watched

The back pages print ink was about to dry ending with SOUTHGATE OUT until Bellingham scored

There is no way England can win playing against teams like Switzerland, Germany and Spain who are playing fast flowing football

I was watching the Swiss just made make Swiss cheese out of Italy who look so dire and slow . I was trying to remember when the last time the two previous finalists failed to make the quarter finals since the competition expanded to 16 teams

Southgate was an absolute stubborn fool for playing Foden and my goodness leaving Toney till 94th minute to come on

Last edited:
. I was trying to remember when the last time the two previous finalists failed to make the quarter finals since the competition expanded to 16 teams
i take a punt at euro 2000 when Germany finish bottom of their group

------------------------------------

Spain would be an absolute mauling. Germany would be comfortable
& Swiss are favourites as espically without marc guehi & having to put our 4th choice CB in fresh for a quarter final

Last edited:
Happy World Cup GIF by Three Lions

as I said last week. we might be critical of how southgate plays. why did we wait so late to make those changes. shouldve been 65 not 75, sticking for 4231 for far too long, & for as better as we had been & chances we'd created. we hadn't tested the Swiss GK & its was them at 0-0 that had the 2 most dangerous shots of the match

that was an again an improvement upon groups & improvement on slovakia but he gets results. Semis, final, Quarters, Semis. is the greatest run of any England team. we've gone from 3 semis in 67yrs to 3 semis in 6 years, if Kane scored that pen v france it wouldve been 2 semis & 2 finals also before he took over we hadnt won a shootout for 21 yrs, Argentina, Portugal Portugal Italy & under him, we've beat Columbia & Switzerland

as I said last week. we might be critical of how southgate plays. why did we wait so late to make those changes. shouldve been 65 not 75, sticking for 4231 for far too long, & for as better as we had been & chances we'd created. we hadn't tested the Swiss GK & its was them at 0-0 that had the 2 most dangerous shots of the match

that was an again an improvement upon groups & improvement on slovakia but he gets results. Semis, final, Quarters, Semis. is the greatest run of any England team. we've gone from 3 semis in 67yrs to 3 semis in 6 years, if Kane scored that pen v france it wouldve been 2 semis & 2 finals also before he took over we hadnt won a shootout for 21 yrs, Argentina, Portugal Portugal Italy & under him, we've beat Columbia & Switzerland
Football was better thsn last match until the tempo dropped. It seems like Southgate needs to see England go a goal down to react

However its about peaking at the right moment

where has this England team been all tournament. this is what we weve been expecting all tournament. why couldn't this england have turned up 3 weeks ago.

im pleased to be level, but that has never been penalty in a million years

do you think gareth actually furious in that changing room. ive had beer thrown at me, slagged off by every england fan. you couldve done this 3 weeks ago & saved me all this hassle

I get that Kane is his Captain and yes he did take him off in the end but he was once again poor tonight. He will start on Sunday but is bringing nothing to the party

I also thought Bellingham had a poor game as well.

On the flip side, Saka was superb, bringing Shaw in finally gave us some balance, Walker has a great match and Watkins, well what more can you say.

We're in the final. That's fantastic

yeah Ollie Watkins was fantastic, i saw 1 person say kane doesnt score that, he right because kane desperate to be a no10. too often he was 30yds from goal. great to have some run at the defence, but he's england captain & it makes you undroppable

Gary Neville made me laugh, as i remembered who wouldve thought a butterfly effect of Big Sam's pint of wine in 2016? & england going on to make making back to back european finals

1720652211679.webp

Back
Top Bottom