Football All things Football

what is it about going 1-0 up that makes us struggle so much. 2 games now we start brilliantly, take the lead & go to a 3/10 we've barely been in the game since Kane put us ahead delighted to be going in level. we need big changes at HT whether thats players or Formation

Southgate is petrified to lose so he plays a defensive game. Go up early and the sit on it.

We have some of the best attacking players in Europe and we look like we're running through soup most of the time.

So fed up with 4-2-3-1.

Play Foden and Bellingham centrally behind Watkins. Rice as the holding midfielder behind those two. Gallagher and Saka as the wide men.

The thing that gets me about the pundits is that they are all failures compared to this England team and yet they think they can criticise and do, perhaps they should change the pundits and employ some that have had success, which unfortunately for some "fans" means ex women's England players

i understand why he has done it. to fit formation to the players. & trying to play attacking players to where theyve had such success at their clubs. but its time to bin it off. & what was a worry pre tournament is everyone looks like a finished article & weve turned up with a new formation

im hoping he will stop overthinking this & go full mike bassett, Because you could say southgate should pick his team & not other peoples if he wants 433 play 433. stop caring if Bellingham is a 10 & foden is best on the wing for pep.
Fh2i2V0aYAAaObZ.jpg

Screenshot_20240620_185544_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'd take that any day of the week although Foden is far more effective (and has been for Pep) playing centrally. In that 4-3-3 Rice can still act as the holding midfielder while Bellingham or Foden can cut inside.

I'd start Watkins over Kane though.

i know why, but weve played 433 for 3 years had huge success. qatar was the positive defeat at major tournament i can remember. & we are trying to learn on the job, we got a new system & effectively had 1 match to practise before the euros & Denmark were drilled they know that formation inside out they played it for couple of years

Kane is lucky he is captain because he wouldve been dropped by now. weve already got 2 10's we dont need another

Words you never thought id say but i was heartbroken for scotland last night. a match of dreadful quality. but the last 25 mins including stoppage time of it was incredible entertainment. as both ignored the defence as they both knew that unless a goal was scored both were going home. that will sting id rather lose 5-1 than lose like that in 99th minute

Having lived in Scotland for 40 years and their attitude to the English teams either football or rugby, always cheering the English opposition I really don't give one, and they lost to Germany for stupidity, you don't beat a team like Germany with ten men

If you know any Scottish fans who bought a replica shirt, let them know that they can still get their money back as there's a 14 day returns period.

There's going to be a few of them chucking their Argentina shirts in the bin that they bought especially to wear when we played then a few times in the World Cup.

LOL

im not a scotland fan, but i feel the criticism of steve clarke is a bit harsh. & its old adage in football that after a while there is no such thing as over achievement, because i think thats what he's done with scotland is impressive. they hadnt been to a tournament for 22 yrs & only once in that time had it looked likely & he just been a play off away to going to 3 straight tournaments. very dodgy decision from being in the knockouts

My view is Clarke has to go. The team looked tired - no pace - Clarke stays too loyal to his players and why the hell did he not start with Lawrence Shankland in all 3 matches, I'm a Hearts fan Shankland has been a goal machine for Hearts last season.

One win in 12 sorry Clarke has to go.

I was at the World Cup 98 in France at least that Scotland team of 98 showed some guts.

Last edited:
I'm a Bristol City fan so would have liked to see Conway and McCrorie play but neither would have been close to getting on to be honest.

We're looking to flog Conway this summer as he's not interested in a new deal and all the talk is of interest from the SPL.

Back
Top Bottom