Football All things Football

1719311643975.png

My view is Clarke has to go. The team looked tired - no pace - Clarke stays too loyal to his players and why the hell did he not start with Lawrence Shankland in all 3 matches, I'm a Hearts fan Shankland has been a goal machine for Hearts last season.

One win in 12 sorry Clarke has to go.

I was at the World Cup 98 in France at least that Scotland team of 98 showed some guts.
but heres the question that has to be asked when manager is on verge of the sack, who replaces him

I like Gareth Southgate; I believe he has been treated harshly, especially considering the challenges we faced from 2008 to 2016 & His achievements during his reign are likely to be more appreciated after he departs

It was inevitable that we wouldn't show up for a tournament at some point, but these have been three terrible group games. I can't believe he's still sticking with the 4231 formation. If you're resorting to your 3rd choice of defensive midfielder in 2 games, & going back to trying Mainoo after disliking him in the friendly, perhaps it's not the players but the formation that's the issue.

i bet the Dutch cant believe their Luck, (in all likelihood) they dropped lucky with us after finishing 3rd

although in a weird quirk cider_and_toast & i dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing. but weirdly we play your lot twice midweek right before the 2 sheffield derbies. which might be a good thing for you as our focus wont be 100% on those games :D

The SPL fixtures are out today - Hearts home to Rangers at Tynecastle, tough but winnable for Hearts on day one of the season, plus there will be a Glasgow-Edinburgh and Dundee derbies this season.

Hearts will be in the Europa Conference League this season so it's going to be a long season for the Jambo's.

Last edited:
normally scottish clubs are out of europe before September 😄
Hearts are in the group stage of the tournament we will be in Europe till Christmas and making about £6m plus along the way and a few foreign trips for us Jambos to enjoy, unlike some English clubs who might get a trip to Wales that's their lot :D

That will be us then.

We did make it through to the group stages of the Anglo-Italian Cup in the early 90's if that counts?

Hearts are in the group stage of the tournament we will be in Europe till Christmas and making about £6m plus along the way and a few foreign trips for us Jambos to enjoy, unlike some English clubs who might get a trip to Wales that's their lot :D
we had 2 realistic chances of europe being 5th in the premier league & home quarter final v arsenal in 2020. then the chinese spoilt everything. now being 90mins from europe is when we play Portsmouth on the 28th September :D

i hope all british clubs do well, well apart from wrexham, i assume you had to start v some maltese noboby in july. but good luck to you

Last edited:
I'd love a night like that.

There are clubs in small mining villages in the Welsh Valleys that have had more time in European Competitions than Bristol City.

things you never used to say but what was up with the italian defending. they were so static & couldnt have made it much easier for swiss goalscorer at 2-0

Italians have been so incredibly poor, the drop off since 2021 has been almost vertical. so much pre match that the swiss were the favourites coming in. you almost never say that. imagine saying 2 weeks ago that a Swiss v Austria semi is a realistic prospect

my days who was more lucky today Russell or Southgate. i thought we were a minute away from him resigning on live tv like kevin keegan.

says alot about our group games. that the 1st half felt like a marked improvement by having an attacking threat for once. but for all the huff & puff we didnt have anything to show for it & i do wonder why slovakia parked the bus when they went 1-0 up. as they had so much success when attacking us

then finally ditched 4231, & what a goal that was from future england captain jude bellingham cometh the time cometh the man

I was so sad when Bellingham scored as it meant another 30 minutes of the rubbish England have been playing. And now I'm going to have to watch their direness as they to lose to Switzerland.

There are many options, you don't have to watch it, I don't , I either use other channels or stream, my preference is entertainment and football isn't

Back
Top Bottom