Football All things Football

football can be so cruel at times. we were fantastic for so long & let down by a few tired mistakes at the end. referreing did seem a tad odd, i had realise the new rules on talking to referees had the expectations for maddison & son. i thought 12 mins seemed excessive

but really im more peed off about tim sherwood than i am the result, as is a bit of impartiality on Soccer Saturday too much to ask for. i saw the clips on social media i thought i tuned into Sky Sports Tottenham. as why the former spurs manager & player is doing the spurs match, beyond me. whats supposed to be impartial pundit. isnt supposed sound distraught that a team has taken a 1-0 lead & then sounding overjoyed when the other team turn it around 1-1 & 2-1

IMG_2790.jpeg

ive seen some dreadful performances in my time as blades fan, losing to scunthorpe, fleetwood, stevenage, the day we made Shrewsbury look like Barcelona. but this might top the lot (statistically it does) . i hate to say but we all know that sport is ruthless & nothing would surprise me in the next 24 hrs. ranieri went from lifting the PL trophy in may to sacked in november

we can rightly complain about shocking decisions were for the 1st 3 & incompetent refereeing gave Newcastle the opportunities.
1-0 was handball
2-0 offside & handball leading to corner
3-0 robinson gets punished for winning a 50/50

but you still have to defend, because what happened to our defence has baffled me, where is the defence was so solid v man city, held out for 98 mins v spurs. i dont know how you can be that dreadful in a week, we were more interested in grabbing than marking at set pieces. the 2nd half we gave up & couldnt defend to save our life. 4th was just so easy. 5/6/7 i cant say because id switched off, but i heard 8th on the radio & 5 live couldnt believe how bad it was.

I presume Sheffield United are in a similar situation to Luton. The"oh bollocks we won promotion too soon" scenario, so now they play out the season, sacking a coupe of managers on the way, before bringing in Sam Allerdyce for the last two months to convince the fans they are trying to stay up, and then pocket the parachute payments for next few years back in The Championship.

FYI - Scumhampton will receive about £50 million this season, with it dropping off over the next two seasons.

FB for luton, i guess its enjoy the ride because its a miracle they are in the premier league & on the budget probably the championship. as they have been fighting way above of their weight class, bit like MP Motorsport getting into F1 trying to fight with ferrari & red bull the 120m will transform luton town after the crap theyve been through

with the blades its we won promotion we were ready. we finished 2nd. hammered the champions 5-2, got to a FA cup semi final. & also failure wasnt an option. its only since promotion that we knew we were in the 💩 finalincally from January onwards but we thought it was to our waist & get promoted turns out its likely worse than we thought & couldve been Portsmouth 2011. (whats the year you bought 20 players on free last minute) club couldve been at risk. so alot of premier league money has gone to making sure the club survives

i think under the circumstances weve bought well, i wouldve preferred this team on 12th august not 2nd September . Ndiaye was a bodyblow, but marseille emotionally blackmailed him, Berge was contractual. but hamer souza archer, mcatee all great.

i have no explanation for the 2nd half. because it is so out of character this is a team has played the treble winners twice. they had 1 goal from open play at wembley in april & then pushed all the way in august. defensive capitation makes zero sense as we could easily be on 6-7pts now but save of season by pickford, 89th min winner from Rodri & 98th min goal from spurs. i fear for hecky as much as i love him a another hiding v west ham. it could be ranieri dejavu

& dont worry i think Southampton might be changing managers very quickly. as russell martin is bombing as i expected

fair play to the PGMOL for honesty & transparency, but VAR was sold to us that things would be much better & yet ive never known standards as bad as they currently are. its terrifying these are our "best" but this has been coming for a while, because they got lucky last sunday. that arsenal switched off after scoring the pen that shouldnt be, so spurs got a rightful draw. or that blades lost 8-0 & fell apart in the 2nd half. people forgot about the debacle of 1st 3 newcastle goals.

the funny part is world cup do VAR correct, after every tournament i think we've turned corner on VAR, i become a fan & then premier league arrive & undo all that good faith

Last edited:
This is a massive mistake.

Our owner and his son are ****ing morons
i was surprised as i thought you were doing quite well. youve not been on a bad run. it was typical championship form & youve got Wednesday next up so thats guaranteed 3 pts. some owners are trigger happy

ours is the opposite. he keeps faith longer than he should sometimes. but thats a good thing give a manager every chance. any other owner couldve sacked him v Newcastle or Fulham. but wolves will be win or bust on saturday sadly

Pearson was brought in on a short term deal during Covid to steady a sinking ship. It was the extended into a three year deal (due to expire in May 24). We were a fag papers width away from an FFP points deduction and Nige's brief was to bin the high wage earners, play the kids and to spend a tiny fraction of any transfer funds raised. We survived his first full season even though we had to show the books to the league in a regular basis. In his second full season we started to move forward. We sold a decent young striker to Bournemouth for 7 million and then at the start of this season the best young midfielder in the Championship for 25 million. Our owner (he let's his son pretend to be chairman) sat on almost all of that cash claiming he was building a future transfer kitty.

Nige has developed some great young players and is massively respected on and off the pitch.

From the rumours I've heard, as a result of an injury crisis (we currently have 12 first team players injured 6 or 7 of which would be first names on the team sheet) Nige was told to look at the out of contract market to boost the squad. Obviously that didn't go down too well.

Since Steve Lansdown purchased the club 20 years ago, his track record with strong footballing managsrs is shocking.

We had Steve Coppell who walked out after 2 months claiming he couldn't work with the club set up. Steve Cotterill who scored a club record number of points on the way to winning our first league title for almost 50 years only to receive no financial backing from the Chairman. Finally Nige gets binned with a BS excuse about recent results.

Previously, we had Lee Johnson, son of previous Manager and Lansdown family friend Gary Johnson, who is given millions of pounds and 4 1/2 years to faff about and, apart from a decent league cup run in 17/18, achieve **** all. Further more in his second season Johnson took us on a club record number of consecutive defeats and still kept his job.

The person we will bring in will be another "yes man" Who won't call the owners out for the useless morons they are.

Back
Top Bottom