Football All things Football

when you & your uncle at caught deep in the celebrations on social media & i was going full george baldock LOL

that win at full time meant more to me than gloryhunter & its why we support our local team like you cider_and_toast bristol city & you FB portsmouth? (good luck in fa cup tomorrow) thru slightly thick & mostly thin. fantastic scenes at the end

temp 3.png

Last edited:
but on the game it was a rollercoaster the 1st half was as bad as ive known during hecky reign. its like watching England v Spain 15 yrs ago. we look amateurs in possession. within a few passes we've lost it . only reason why wolves werent leading at HT. was our defence was outstanding. i genuinely thought hecky was getting sacked

but i don't know what hecky said at HT, mustve been 1 heck of a teamtalk as utd came out a different team & we dominated wolves in the 2nd half, got the lead with a cracker, we resorted to our bad habits wolves piled on the pressure got the equaliser & then balls on Norwood went from villian to hero, he mustve had ice in his veins, my heart rate was beating out of my chest in the stands. dont know how he took that penalty so calmly &

survival isn't out of the question as yes its utter madness, that weve won & are only 2pts off safety despite the worst start in PL history

You can all enjoy the mighty Pompey away at Chesterfield on ITV 1 tomorrow lunchtime.
but its been a good game. pompey just the better team. Chesterfield got the goal. in a way this is a nightmare draw for both teams. as you couldnt have got much tougher for either side

that was a disaster from 11.45am onwards. because of the forecasted snow & thought the official coach was safest option. but i forgot the official coach has that weird thing where it has to stop in a random place. & not go straight through. so because had to stay in hebden bridge from 11.45 - 1.30, which from what i saw was a poncy overpriced village. we caught heavy traffic & didnt pull up to the ground til 2.45 & had 10 mins to get into the ground. then the carnage of 1 male search person for 2000 people & by the point we had got in we were 1-0 down

what's the phrase its not personal its business. i will be grateful for his time here & there extenuating circumstances. but we just cant continue. its a shambles & in hindsight weve never recovered from Newcastle. but above all else what happened to our defence. i saw this v stuttgart. when guirasse tore us apart

what changed in the course of 1 preseason. how did our defence go from solid & organised just look at us at easter to that shambles. how come all the might of treble winning man city scored once from open play at wembley & yet Bournemouth shouldve been 7. burnley is 5.

"sacked in the morning" i rather it was sacked in the evening. i dont think i can wait til the morning

Screenshot_20231202_192312_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231202_192308_Gallery.jpg

Same old problem that a number of relegated premier league squads face. You come down, and with parachute payments added on, you can retain most of your players and recruit some more and end up with a squad that's too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Prem.

I doubt Pep would keep you up without huge investement in January and a big turn around.

You'll be back in the Championship top six next year with relative ease and back in the Prem the year after.

Same old problem that a number of relegated premier league squads face. You come down, and with parachute payments added on, you can retain most of your players and recruit some more and end up with a squad that's too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Prem.

I doubt Pep would keep you up without huge investement in January and a big turn around.

You'll be back in the Championship top six next year with relative ease and back in the Prem the year after.
i hope that's the case but at the moment we would struggle in the championship. our defence is opened so easily. we cant string 2 passes together & there's just no effort. we are bad but we aren't as bad as this. in hindsight we've never recovered from Newcastle. because we played Everton we were fantastic. 2nd half of wolves was premier league quality. but 7 of the last 8 1st halfs have been woeful

on the finances i hope so, but he lied to us how much debt we were in April. & which lead to that transfer window were we had to spend most of the tv money on paying our substantial debts off, so all bets are off what on earth is going to happen. but prince publicly wants to sell privately who knows. because as much id like football to be run where they are break even, you have to stop this eutopia as reality is you cannot have a profitable successful football club. its 1 or the other

because as much id like football to be run where they are break even, you have to stop this eutopia as reality is you cannot have a profitable successful football club. its 1 or the other
I'd disagree a bit on this, I do think it's possible but most clubs don't attempt it because they have owners willling to keep pumping the cash in.

Funny enough, I was having this conversation on the Bristol City Forum where people were prasing our Chairman for pumping cash in to the club for 20 years. I pointed out that we shouldn't regard this as a success it means that the business model is all wrong. If you had a ship that kept leaking water, you wouldn't praise the owners for running it for 20 years without fixing the problem.

With Reading joining the ranks of clubs to be issued a winding up order this weekend, there are so many teams living on the edge.

I'd disagree a bit on this, I do think it's possible but most clubs don't attempt it because they have owners willling to keep pumping the cash in.

Funny enough, I was having this conversation on the Bristol City Forum where people were prasing our Chairman for pumping cash in to the club for 20 years. I pointed out that we shouldn't regard this as a success it means that the business model is all wrong. If you had a ship that kept leaking water, you wouldn't praise the owners for running it for 20 years without fixing the problem.

With Reading joining the ranks of clubs to be issued a winding up order this weekend, there are so many teams living on the edge.
luton are the exception, but in sport if you decide to do the correct thing & be sustainable, youve got a mountain to climb when your 40m behind your rivals & until the EFL but a stop to it.

i dont know for how many years ive said if i was in charge of EFL, that 40m rule needs getting rid of because i might be wrong but you get rid of the need for billioniares & than anyone could own the club because in theory it wouldn't need exertional funding, outside of stadium upgrades

The days of a local businessman coming in to a club with a few mill in the bank running local clubs are long gone mate. When the top end of the premier league is owned by whole countries pension funds, then the game has long passed the tipping point.

Back
Top Bottom