Football All things Football

cider_and_toast on wilder, pundit on sky sports news. did make a good point wilder knows the players, fans, system & the club. so in theory we should hit the ground running. but ill judge him on the pitch.

on how he was sacked its impossible to see how this couldve been handled any worse. its leaked at 9am. nothing for 27hrs. but the prince talks to talksport at 12pm the following day despite still nothing being official, i was thinking just get the bloody statement out & put us all out of our misery.

on hecky even though he had to go last saturday after Bournemouth & shouldnt have even got to burnley. because the fight had gone from the team & we had been dreadful in 7 of his last 8 1st halfs. i was very sad, as on a personal level he's a great man, hes very honest, for that reason i stranglely quite enjoyed his post match interview v burnley because of the honesty
received_373832331845221.png

& always be grateful for his time here, as he took us from relegation battle under slavisa. to being a forest wonder save from an immediate return (despite aggregate defeat, only sheff utd manager to win a play off game away from home) & then dealing aftermath of forest thuggish behaviour, all the off the field distractions tingo & money. got us up with a club record pts total for the 2nd tier & a fa cup semi final getting promotion under what seems to be very tough circumstances. might just have saved the club. with how precarious finances seemed to be

but if i was to be constructive to heckingbottom, it was our defence that got him the sack because what changed during preseason. because we had the 2nd best defence in the league i think about 20 odd clean sheets the major reason alongside ndiaye for getting promotion. but then few months later we are a shambles treble winning man city opened us up once from open play at wembley in april. but in the last week we are getting torn apart by 2 relegation rivals & conceding 8 it shouldve been closer to 12-14

the thought is the blame lies with mark hudson as he was brought in as defensive coach during preseason & as heckingbottom was the defensive coach as well as manager last season & since mark hudson has arrived in coincided with the same players who were so organised & stopped haaland. were struggling to keep solanke at bay

Last edited:
after everything, all the unwanted records, the worst start in premier league history, the hopeless defending & change of manager. blades are somehow only 2 pts off safety. after that win today, the impossible might be possible but realistically we would need to be beat luton & hope to get from the horrendous 3 of 4 games. Chelsea, Villa & man city all away on the next 3 saturdays

although it slightly bittersweet, because i still feel for hecky, but that was another great performance. we look bang at it. which of hecky last 9 games we were only decent in the 1st half twice. spurs start of sept & man utd mid october. wilder has equalled that what happened in 3 months in 4 days. fully deserved that win. couldve won by more & made it more relaxing, but grateful that wasted chances didn't bite us in the arse & mcatees goal was outstanding

Screenshot_20231209_175144_BBC Sport.jpg

Last edited:
ill take 2-0, theyve destroyed far better teams in the CL but sometimes you got to disregard the result, to be able to watch the blades v arguably the best in the world in a great stadium is a fantastic privilege. that is what promotion is about as ive watched the blades is some :censored: holes LOL

20231230_164646_021_saved.jpg

although i couldnt believe man city pre match were seriously claiming the UEFA super cup. in a claim theyve won the BIG 5 & only english team to win 5 trophies in a calendar year. i was embarrassed for them, club world cup yes because its tough to get to. but not the uefa super cup its like saying claiming youve won the treble & saying FA Cup, League Cup & Community Shield

Screenshot_20231231_095332_Gallery.jpg

only english team to win 5 trophies in a calendar year.
If you count the Community Shield then Liverpool won the FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League, Community Shield and UEFA Super Cup in about six months back in 2001.

These are all made up stats anyway.

For me, a proper treble would be all 3 domestic trophies. The League, FA Cup and League Cup. It was only after Man Utd won those the European Cup back in the 90's did they invent the treble of League, FA Cup and Champions League.

well if man city are counting the super cup anything goes. as I saying im happy to give the world title as it no mean feat to win the champions league & then beat south Americans best

For me, a proper treble would be all 3 domestic trophies. The League, FA Cup and League Cup. It was only after Man Utd won those the European Cup back in the 90's did they invent the treble of League, FA Cup and Champions League.

i don't know if think league cup has lost abit. the semis & the final are fantastic occasions but for the 1st 3 rounds they are an extension of pre season. if you win great if you lose no big deal. the money doesnt help Eastleigh got more for winning in 1st round of the fa cup than Liverpool or Chelsea did for making semi finals & Newcastle great cup run ended up with as much money as we did losing to Lincoln 1st round

it is quite surprising that in dominant liverpool eras of paisley & shankly they never did the treble. with the old European cup but that might be something to look at tonight when im bored on new years eve because you can't stay in & watch tv although the best new years eve i had i was on my own watching kingsman

treble hopes are fascinating i wasnt aware that we were so close to a treble in 1977. but Liverpool lost FA cup final 4 days before the european cup final & also we shouldve had them in 1984 & 2008 but for huge shocks that would turn about to be even bigger in hindsight. then 2019 where arguably VAR that gave spurs the victory that night. might have stopped Pep doing this treble in 2019. completely changing history maybe

1704144756254.png

I enjoyed the Edinburgh derby at Easter Road the other week. We are into 6mins added on time in a terrible match and Shankland of Hearts scores in 93mins and it's good night Vienna for the Hibs fans.

I enjoyed the Edinburgh derby at Easter Road the other week. We are into 6mins added on time in a terrible match and Shankland of Hearts scores in 93mins and it's good night Vienna for the Hibs fans.
were you hearts or hibs

i saw the highlights of that game on sky sports news, 1 of those game low on quality but high on entertainment & that is the ultimate in a derby to get a last minute goal, thankfully ive only been on better side when in 2008 james beattie scored at stoppage time free kick to equalise for blades v Wednesday

were you hearts or hibs

i saw the highlights of that game on sky sports news, 1 of those game low on quality but high on entertainment & that is the ultimate in a derby to get a last minute goal, thankfully ive only been on better side when in 2008 james beattie scored at stoppage time free kick to equalise for blades v Wednesday

I'm a Hearts fan - You are going to hate me, my English team is Sheffield Wednesday.

So you support Sheffield's wee team and Edinburgh's wee team then? LOLLOL

One of my best mates and his wife are season ticket holders at Sheff Utd and both are Jambo's as well.

So you support Sheffield's wee team and Edinburgh's wee team then? LOLLOL

One of my best mates and his wife are season ticket holders at Sheff Utd and both are Jambo's as well.
premier league in the millennium has only came to 1 side of the city. even if it is a bit depressing the gulf at times 😀

hope your best mates has had a good time last season

cider_and_toast happy to be in hat albeit a replay. although guess the tv camera will be at yours for the replay

ours was a strange game. was expecting it to be a huge banana skin, lower league team at home. espically with wrexham fiasco of last season. it was unusually comfortable 4-0 was about right & probably couldve been more despite playing in 2nd gear for alot of the 2nd half

Not sure if we'll get on the TV. We hardly ever make it on to the goggle box.

We put a good shift in and were worth the draw. The trouble is we are so poor at home in big games compared to our away performance. Hopefully a decent draw will motivate the players to push on but I expect to go out in the replay by the odd goal.

Not sure if we'll get on the TV. We hardly ever make it on to the goggle box.
well im thinking the choices are Bristol city V West ham, Bolton v Luton, Blackpool V Forest, are main 3 of the 2 to be chosen. but if its like 💩 tv choices of 3rd round proper, we'll have to sit through palace v everton again LOL

If you count the Community Shield then Liverpool won the FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League, Community Shield and UEFA Super Cup in about six months back in 2001.
Liverpool didn't win Champions League, but the UEFA Cup that year. Bayern won the Champions League and Liverpool beat Bayern in the Super Cup.

Back
Top Bottom