Adrian Newey

Incubus

Champion Elect
They might. They do have a tendency to throw money away, paying Raikkonen £££ not to drive, then paying him another load of £££ when they decided that actually, they do want him t drive.

Last edited:

Incubus

Champion Elect
An ambitious designer who thinks he's the man to turn things around?...

It might not be Newey but I suppose for a talented engineer or designer it might be quite an appealing challenge. Being the man entrusted with producing a brilliant car in a team that hasn't produced them for years.

It's certainly more of a challenge than arriving at a team that's dominating already.

sobriety

Pole Sitter
True, but it looks worringly like the culture at the top of Ferrari hs reverted back to the old fashioned 'you can't call the car a shitbox, it's a Ferrari' which makes it very hard for one talented person to make any difference at all.

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Ferrari are still chasing the man. Now this is a tasty offer.

In Monaco, Red Bull rejected the speculation about Newey by insisting the 55-year-old remains committed for "the foreseeable future".

But that may have been before Ferrari's latest audacious offer to the Briton.

Perna said Ferrari is offering Newey unprecedented technical freedom, and also his own road-going supercar project and involvement in a possible Le Mans prototype bid.

Not to mention annual pay of about EUR 20 million.
http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/f1-ferrari-still-trying-to-hire-adrian-newey?artid=168008&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_campaign=feeds

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Maybe Red Bull know something about Adrian's contract and the foreseeable future...?

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
As I mentioned before Ferrari allowed John Barnard to work in a remote design office in the UK so if Adrian doesn't fancy pasta 3 times a day this might be the best solution.

Galahad

Not a Moderator
Valued Member
Le Mans prototype my backside. Who'd employ Newey and then take him off the F1 programme? Plus Ferrari are never in a million years going to build an LMP1 anyway...

They're far too late, though you can't blame them for trying.

siffert_fan

Too old to watch the Asian races live.
Contributor
What makes me laugh is that Rory Byrne, the man who designed all of the Schumacher-driven Championship-winning cars is back as the lead designer at Fazzaz. Does the fact that Ferrari is lusting after Newey prove that MS was a far greater part of all of the championships than his many detractors are willing to admit?

KekeTheKing

Banned
Supporter
I doubt there is any way you could possibly quantify that. I'll tell you one thing that is doing wonders for Schumi's rep is how fast Rosberg is proving to be.

siffert_fan

Too old to watch the Asian races live.
Contributor
How many times when Schuey was on his tear at Ferrari did you hear people (including some of the other drivers) moan: ANYONE could win in that car!?

RasputinLives

So Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Contributor
How many Formula E teams do you think have sent him an invitation to have a look at what he could do with their cars when development becomes a free for all for them in 2015?

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
And I thought he had lost his mojo when he joined Red Bull. I hope he is able to impart half of what he knows to the up and coming design team team at Red Bull. A Red Bull Le Man car would also be quite something, maybe they could take some of the ideas from his Gran Tourismo car.

Top Bottom