Grand Prix 2024 Mexico City Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Following the largest break between races, excluding the summer shutdown since 2023 due to the cancellation of the Chinese Grand Prix, & 1999 when there was a 5 week gap between the 1st & 2nd races, we are currently experiencing a compact schedule with 4 races in 5 weeks before the season concludes in the Middle East. Interestingly, this demonstrates the recent expansion of the calendar; Kimi Räikkönen secured his sole championship 2007 on the 21st October, (which was yesterday from the time of writing), yet this year, there are still 5 races remaining.

1729592556379.webp

This weekend is what we think could potentially host the penultimate Mexican Grand Prix. (as i think it was Bill Boddy deserves the credit if it is) aAs many anticipate Sergio Perez's departure from F1 at the end of the year, which would likely mark the end of his tenure, a retirement announcement was expected on Thursday. Contrary to expectations, Perez insists he's not leaving, stating, "I just wanted to make it clear that I will 100% be here in 2025. I have a contract and I will fulfill it." & you know nothing would please me more if sergio perez could win his home race. it would be a dream come true for him & maybe a nice way to leave the sport

However, the general consensus is that the 2025 Mexican GP may lack local interest for the first time, leading to a struggle in ticket sales, and it's doubtful the contract will be extended beyond 2025. im going to throw this out there should Colapinto secure a seat in 2025 & continue to impress, we might see the Mexican GP dropped & their 'Americas' venue replaced with a return to Argentina.

which if Mexican GP does go, i cant say id be too sad about, as i dont mean to be harsh. but i cant think of an entertaining race weve had in the 10? years since we returned. yes we have had dramatic moments perez last yr forgetting to break, verstappen a glimpse into the future 2016, Bottas crashing into kimi in 2015 on the final lap & thinking about it that might be it.

& as we are in mexico here is a mexican wave
1729591270383.webp

1729595120714.webp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom