2022 Silly season

So have Red Bull finally concluded they needed some common sense in driver management 🙄 so this is ultimately a slap in the face of Pierre Gasly who is going to waste another season at Alpha Tauri and saw his chance of Alpine drive disappear as well...

I read that Red bull can't get Russell at all as well

true, the issue for Gasly as well as he is driving & he has been up there with norris this season. but they will worry that he will fail again put in the same seat. albeit it was partly red bull fault for promoting far too early like they did kyvat, gasly & albon the latter 2. needed a few years to mature

Gasly has done enough to make jump but he has no other options now and will be stuck in midfield until 2023 at least

I also think Red Bull are fully aware Russell has a guaranteed seat either at Merc or William's...also it looks like Albon is getting the same rough treatment as Gasly

You do wonder if Tsunoda was a lot better this season would he have got the nod?

you can tell the way Toto smiled & reading between the lines. what how he talked about Russell in the current sky interview. that contract is signed & sealed

Does Alex Albon have photos of senior F1 people in compromising positions with a goat? I can think of no other reason why anyone woudl put him in their F1 car otherwise, especially with some of the other talent rotting away in lower formula. Just take a look at the Formula E grid.

i would like to see him again, he was poor at the main team. but he was hindered by Red Bull Boom or Bust philosophy. either they promote someone far too early Gasly & Albon or they are stuck at toro rosso for 5 years. Sainz & Buemi

he did only have 10 races before he had to take on verstappen. but he was great in F2. in possibly the strongest field in 10 years coming 3rd beating De vries. losing to Russell & Norris. who still rate him highly & publicly backed him

Many drivers have been exceptional in lower formulae, only to drive like a numpty when confronted with an F1 car. Lando Norris and George Russell have both out performed the machinery they have been given to drive in F1, Alex Albon was put in to a potential race winning car and failed to achieve.

For me (Clive) Albon has had his chance and the teams should look elsewhere.

Racing has had numerous brilliant F2 and F3 winners that have failed to hack it in F1, Palmer father and son being examples, F 1 is a different game many lower formula driver who failed have become F1 champions Mansell being one of the most successful. You either have or you don't if you don't get out of fire. Those that have it excel those that don't may as well accept they are back markers on a back car and seriously need spnosors for a pay drive. If you are given a competitive car and can't hacking in half a season, walk away, George Russell made it Albon didn't.

Just saw the YouTube video between Will Buxton and Lawrence Barreto discussion they seem to think that now

Raikkonen retired -Bottas to replace him
Giovinazzi not retained and seat going to Pouchaire...poor Illott is now looking at Indycar

This also means Russell to Merc

Giovinazzi not retained and seat going to Pouchaire...poor Illott is now looking at Indycar
not surprised by Giovinazzi i felt 12 months that he was a very lucky guy to still a contract. ilott could be a yr in F1 but hasnt raced a yr & i think he's missed the boat & indycar is great alternative, i would say it got back to how it was in late 90's early 00's Villenueve, Montoya, De Ferran, Zanardi, Franchitti, if you cant be F1 be in indycar look at how grosjean career has sky rocketed over there, great rookie season. rave reviews & could challenge for championship next year

Pourchaire is a great talent but they need to be patient with him hope they dont chuck him in the deep end because i feel he can be great but as is being proved with Albon, Alguersari & Tsunoda potentially, F1 doesnt care about reputation if your not ready it will show & if your out your struggle to get back in. i think he would be better served like mick schumacher have a 2nd year in F1 & learn more. challenge for the championship. because he only won 1 race albeit at monaco in his last 25 outings

It's interesting Horner says Mercedes should not stand in Albon's way of a Williams drive but why is he not saying the same about Ferrari stopping him joining Alfa

Sounds more like the Alfa drive is a long shot

Pouchaire supposedly has been the hours in the simulator to get ready....

Do Alfa look better for 2022 then?

Giovinazzi best hope is if Ferrari say to Alfa you can have Pouchaire if you keep him

bottas is a good driver & he was against best driver of the previous generation in Lewis & arguably best driver of next generation verstappen. on his day bottas is as good as anyone. 1st half of 2017, 1st 4 races of 2020 & every race at sochi he was fantastic but form that doesnt come enough because to win a title you need to be on 23 times a yr not 3-4 times a year

i dont dislike the guy but what wound me up over the years is his attitude. the gap between what level bottas thinks he is at & what level he currently at. he talks as if he expects treatment as if he is a triple world champion (ie: fastest lap yesterday going Purple Purple after being nowhere for race) but start of this season he was a driver with less wins than verstappen in far superior machinery.

i dont get why he would be peed off at losing his seat he has had 5 years to impress. i think Mercedes have been more than generous 1st half of 2017, 1st 4 races of 2020 drove great. but 2018 was a shocker he finished 5th in car his teammate won 11 races with & driver titles with 4 races remaining (i wouldve replaced him then & rumours started then). 2019 finished 2nd but only because of mix of errors from ferrari & Leclerc too many mention who could & shouldve won 10 races that yr & then 2020 1 of most dominant cars F1 has seen. he was fighting with max he only finished 2nd because of max engine failures, punted out of races & tyre blowouts. then monza 2020. starts 2nd drops to 6th cant overtake anyone finishes 5th behind gasly & stroll becausehe was terrifed of overtaking, Hamilton finished 7th despite ending up last with half race left. Turkey when he did his best kylie minogue impression

the worst 1. losing to Russell in sakhir. bottas couldnt have ask for better all the chips were stacked in his favour to beat russell, at least have that in his favour & yet he lost if everyone honest we knew it matter of time ever since this moment

f1-sakhir-russell-pass-on-bottas.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom