2022 Silly season

Alfa Romeo Formula 1 team boss Fred Vasseur says that the Hinwil outfit will have a free choice of drivers from next season.

Since Sauber’s Alfa Romeo deal began in 2018, one seat in the team has been reserved for a driver nominated by engine partner Ferrari from its pool of young talent.

When negotiating the latest contract, Vasseur ensured that he had flexibility on driver choice in the future

Vasseur told Autosport. "For sure the driver topic is a key point, We will have a free choice of the driver in the future. But for sure the link with Ferrari means that we can easily discuss with them about their own pool of drivers. We have Antonio, he is improving, he is doing a good job, and the target for me is to keep this link with Ferrari. But we have a free choice, and let's discuss with them."

I'd very much doubt Alfa would consider two experienced drivers over 30 years old the only combination would be Hulkenberg and Bottas who both Vasseur knows well. Both would be seriously gambling their reputations unless the car is stellar quick

I would still expect to see 1 Ferrari driver so it means Giovinazzi is not safe for 2022

For Illott the issue for him is where does he go given he has not been racing in F2 if he does not get promoted unless there is an agreement with Haas around Schumacher who will move to Alfa and he gets Haas seat

Merc need to man manage Bottas otherwise it's going to be a one car team for the remainder of the season or Williams will demand a hefty compensation package to release Russell.
Russell is out of contract i believe at the end of the year isnt he, so there would be no compensation needed for 2022

Russell is out of contract i believe at the end of the year isnt he, so there would be no compensation needed for 2022
No, I meant of Merc come out now and say Bottas is gone and therefore he starts driving Miss Daisy the Merc will have an even bigger challenge against RBR. If Merc were tempted to dump Bottas early as a result, Williams would practically be able to write their own cheque.

That's why Merc need Bottas to play nicely and they're in no rush to rub his face in it and announce he's getting his P45. We all know Bottas is gone but we have to pretend he's still in with the chance of a new deal.

Waiting for the Merc seat announcement given Russell tested the 2022 tyres🤔

No one has mentioned Red Bull yet...so its Perez or Albon?

A queue of drivers knocking on Williams door including De Vries and Hulkenberg... Ticktum shot himself in the foot and Aitken's time of accident very unlucky

Alfa - Pouchaire is an emerging contender

Aston Martin are to make a big announcement according to Joe Saward

Unless Ticktum had a huge amount of sponsorship there was no way he'd ever get an F1 drive. He's done nothing in the lower formula to remotely deserve his (former) development role let alone a full time seat.

Alfa - Pouchaire is an emerging contender
for me its too young, i heard this when he took pole & victory in F2 at Monaco, but he's just turning 18 in few weeks & born a few days before alonso maiden win in 2003. he only started driving single seaters 3 years ago. i think we are risking losing talents far too soon because we are putting them in as young as possible & being inexperienced. a 2nd season in F2 where he could challenge for the title would be better

Surely Nick De Vries has enhanced his claim for a shot at F1 now especially William's having become Formula E champ as well now ...I wonder if he will be announced at Dutch Grand Prix

yeah im pleased his performances deserved a 2nd season to settle in. would he be 1st driver to have a 2 full years at red bull since Riccardo

Back
Top Bottom