2021 Silly Season

what a front running team needs to look a getting a stronger teammate. to release the full potential. good job its only red bull. lewis wouldn't know anything about completely destroying a teammate week after week & only 1 driver getting the full potential of a car
:whistle:
Your point is not well founded. Hamilton is having a team mate who is capable of usually qualifying and finishing one place behind him. Verstappen does not have that. Albon is usually nowhere close to Verstappen.

Quite often Bottas might be faster in a sector and Hamilton can learn something from that. I doubt Albon is ever faster than Verstappen in any sector. Verstappen himself has commented on the fact that he is missing information or insight from the other side of the garage.

Verstappen saying that is also a bluff. Red Bull are very aware that the only way they can hope to keep pace with Merc at all right now is to 100% focus on one driver. They have built the car round Verstappen and put all their energy into Verstappen. It's worked to some extent but it's left very little time for their second driver which has meant the likes of Gasly and Albon come in for much criticism.

It's something Max's dad knows all about as he was on the other end of it back in 94 when Benneton 100% focused on Schumacher in order to keep up with Williams.

Designing a car around your lead driver is nothing new. I read an interview with Jody Scheckter about when he joined Tyrrell in 1974 and he and Patrick Depailler were given the 006. Neither could make the car work as it built for Jackie Stewart and their driving style was totally different to the Scot, the 007 was more to his liking.

Verstappen saying that is also a bluff. Red Bull are very aware that the only way they can hope to keep pace with Merc at all right now is to 100% focus on one driver. They have built the car round Verstappen and put all their energy into Verstappen. It's worked to some extent but it's left very little time for their second driver which has meant the likes of Gasly and Albon come in for much criticism.

It's something Max's dad knows all about as he was on the other end of it back in 94 when Benneton 100% focused on Schumacher in order to keep up with Williams.
Which is why Max is an a$$hole to his teammates and is willing to screw them over even disobeying team orders.

Incidentally noises are drumming up that Gasly is probably one of the drivers of the season and deserves to be promoted but Red Bull wont drop Albon ... not yet anyway

Do you agree with the following 5 ready to step up ?

Tsunoda to AlphaTauri Honda - good bye Kyvat again
Illott to Haas
Shwartzmann to Alfa - replace Kimi
Schumacher Jnr to Alfa - replace Giovinazzi who thinks he has done better despite what happened on Sunday

Mazepin to ???

i stick with what i said start of the season, mick Schumacher has to get into the F2 title battle. to deserve a F1 seat on merit. something he is yet to do

although thats the issue, when you stop taking drivers on talent 1st. then your struggling spiral, sainz was on name but he'd won 2nd tier series. you always need the best drivers in the car. but i expect Schumacher to be shoehorned in but only if alfa got rid of 2 which i doubt or 1 was stuck in haas

but it is hard to compare because a bit like max verstappen. Micheal didnt do much feeder series he did regional F3 & won Macau GP. but was more DTM & Sportscars

I find it very easy to rank him. He is being out classed by his rookie team mate and has consistently thrown away good results for the last two seasons. To quote Public Enemy - don't believe the hype.

FB i can name
  • Villeneuve (Jacques, Jacques)
    Fittipaldi (Wilson, Christian, Christian)
  • Brabham (Gary, David)
  • Hill (Damon)
  • Schumacher (Ralf)
  • Piquet (Nelson Jr)
  • Senna (Bruno)
are there any that I’ve missed?

It's really difficult to rank the drivers in F2 this season... After the feature race today, I believe that Illot, Schumacher and Shwartzman are all within 4 points of each other!
depends on how much F2 youve watched. watched his last couple of F3 & at macau. i was thinking this guy is good. was on Schumacher train. had high hopes for him, dont take this wrong way because it not meant to be arrogant. but i watched F2 every year since its been on sky. i have doubts because there are very high standards recently when you think leclerc (2017) & russell (2018) both won F3 & F2 in consecutive years. also shwartzmann is doing the same by leading the championship. whereas schumacher in 2019 won F3 but finished 13th in 2nd season

today brilliant start, that was outstanding but if ilott hadnt stalled you wonder if he wouldve been able to overtake. i dont think so. but if he wins the title then i'll give him the credit. providing he doesnt try to punt of his championship rival at turn 6 on the bahrain finale. because schumacher dont like turn 6 ;)

Last edited:
If Bruno Senna can get an F1 drive so can Mick Schumacher. Never forget that some of the Brabham boys got an F1 drive and they were all crap as well. Your name can take you a long way in motor racing.
I am afraid you're right even his cousin David might make it as well

Ferrari will cash in on their 5 minute of positive PR

It's official Renault will be rebranded as Alpine so lets all go skiing then

The livery will move away from the traditional Renault colours to the French tri colore. Expect at least 1 French driver in one of their cars then going forward even if it won't be Ocon in 2022

It's official Renault will be rebranded as Alpine so lets all go skiing then
well some people have said they have mountain to climb
joke shade GIF by Desus & Mero

Back
Top Bottom