2020 Silly Season

Another Lance Stroll situation when will Claire Williams learn

not williams fault it been the same the last decade. drivers are with money are necessities not luxurys any more

Il_leone Porsche have already confirmed their driver line up as Jani and Lotterer. There is the Teechetah seat alongside JEV which would fit but the problem with anyone switching to Formula E this year is that the new Formula E season starts in November before the F1 and F2 season ends. It would mean switching prior to a contract end or coming in at the third race.

Felix da Costa has 2nd techeetah seat unfortunately & mahrinda is only remotely competitive seat left

When the BBC commentators were discussing this during morning practice Jolyon Palmer said that during one free practice stint Grosjean brought the car in and gave the engineers a full, graphic description of the car's problem; the engineers sort of scoffed and went back to the data. After some time they came back and apologised to Grosjean and said that he was spot on.

Maybe that helped him as Haas said that it had been very close.

Grosjean has always had a rep for setting a car up well and giving great feedback. They used to rave about him at DAMs in his GP2 days and reckon that all the champions that came after him for then owed him a big debt for the data they got from him.

Screenshot_20190920-124825.jpg

dont blame hulkenburg because ovals can be terrifying. im sure i remember Barrichello when he went he only raced on road courses, because his wife refused him to race on ovals. also if your going your going for championship but missing a third of it makes it impossible

Last edited:
Current status:

Mercedes: Hamilton (for life), Bottas (I assume he again has a 1 year contract)
Ferrari: Vettel (contract through 2020?), Leclerc
Red Bull: Verstappen, Albon?
Renault (the other factory team): Ricciardo (contract through 2020?), Ocon
McLaren: Sainz, Norris
Haas: Grosjean, Magnussen
Racing Point: Perez, Stroll
Alfa: Raikkonen, Giovinazzi?
Toro Rosso: Kvyat, Gasly?
Williams: Russell, or Latifi? or ?

Adrift: Hulkenberg and Kubica

Last edited:
Kubica is leaving I doubt he will land a drive with Sauber despite his past association through BMW

Hulkenberg either its Sauber ( his old boss Vasseur is there and was the one who hired him for Renault) or Williams unless Ferrari 3rd driver seriously

When the BBC commentators were discussing this during morning practice Jolyon Palmer said that during one free practice stint Grosjean brought the car in and gave the engineers a full, graphic description of the car's problem; the engineers sort of scoffed and went back to the data. After some time they came back and apologised to Grosjean and said that he was spot on.

Maybe that helped him as Haas said that it had been very close.

I think Steiner should start eating humble pie before he starts castigating Grosjean too much in public. If anything he needs to look at Magnussen why K Mag has not moved forward like he was touted to

Since the pressure of having Verstappen as a team mate Ghasly has driven much better; maybe the two drivers could take alternate seasons at Red Bull. 8-)

Bill Boddy Funny how Red Bull don't want a strong driver to be paired with Verstappen in fear of damaging team harmony but don't care if the promoted driver can't cuit it . They can't have it both ways

Sorry Il_leone but I haven't seen any indication of that. It does seem. however, that the current Red Bull drivers are not quite at the level of formers drivers in their stable.

Bill Boddy They've burned though them too quickly. You might say that they got it wrong with JEV who's having better success in Formula E and probably would do a very good job alongside Verstappen

Even the Moose Buemi - his record outside F1 is impressive

As for current drivers getting promoted its always going to a high bar to measure against the success that Vettel achieved

Hand on heart - I fully believe that Sebastian Buemi, Jean-Eric Vergne and Sam Bird are better single seater drivers than 80% of the drivers in the F1 grid. How they are not on the grid (and how Bird has never been on the grid) is astonishing to me.

Hand on heart - I fully believe that Sebastian Buemi, Jean-Eric Vergne and Sam Bird are better single seater drivers than 80% of the drivers in the F1 grid. How they are not on the grid (and how Bird has never been on the grid) is astonishing to me.

80% ???

There are only 4 drivers in F1 better?

Ruslan currently yes. Hamilton, Vettel, LeClerc, Verstappen. Others have potential to be better than them but still haven't proved it. I'd probably accept Ricciardo as better than Bird and Buemi - although not the Buemi of 3 seasons ago when he was at his peak.

Russell says he would be open to Hulkenberg as his teammate

Toro Rosso to be renamed Alpha Tauri

Albon saying he does not have any targets set for a 2020 Red Bull seat . Looks like he is putting pressure on himself with a huge crash today as there are still calls for Hulkenberg to be given a go in the 2nd car

Back
Top Bottom