2020 Silly Season

Ruslan currently yes. Hamilton, Vettel, LeClerc, Verstappen. Others have potential to be better than them but still haven't proved it. I'd probably accept Ricciardo as better than Bird and Buemi - although not the Buemi of 3 seasons ago when he was at his peak.

Well given Ricciardo has been team mates with 2 of those drivers and out performed them both it would be hard not to accept.

I think the fact he 'outperformed' Max is highly subjective and also, whilst it is clear he did outperform Vettel in their one year together, I'm judging what I've seen as a whole. Don't get me wrong I think Ricciardo is a massively talented driver who is a fantastic overtaker. I rate him as 5th best in F1 easy. I've just never seen him put a whole season together like I've seen all the others (except maybe Bird). JEV quite clearly is on another level now to when he was in F1 and he pretty much had he measure of Danny even then. Buemi on the other hand was the best driver in the world 3 seasons ago and had a purple patch where he won every race he entered across two catogries for a 9 month period.

on the He is still only 22 years old. He can wait. im not so sure because you think come 2020 finale. he will be 23 & 2 months, lewis was only 23 & 9 months, Vettel 23 & 4 months, Alonso 24 & 2 months when they won his 1st title.

but i think the 2021 rules will save him because I think that will keep him but if they are on level where he can challenge for race wins most weekends like a ferrari or Mercedes right now they I can see him going very quickly

Yea, I think it would be a mistake to leave before 2022. You sort of need to know how the teams are going to be able to deal with the budget cap. Obviously cutting manpower and budget by the big three is going to have some impact, although probably not as much as some hope. But regardless, Vettel is under contract for 2020 and is probably not going to leave before then. If he bounces back in the first half of 2020 (which is distinctly possible), then he could be there much longer. As it is, I don't think Mercedes and Ferrari will want to mix Hamilton and Verstappen or Leclerc and Verstappen. It is guaranteed conflict.

I suspect Verstappen will be at Red Bull for another 3 years.

Ruslan I'll come back to you on that when I have some time! But my current top 5 are

1 - Hamilton
2 = Verstappen Vettel
4 - LeClerc
5 Ricciardo.

Yea, I think it would be a mistake to leave before 2022. You sort of need to know how the teams are going to be able to deal with the budget cap. Obviously cutting manpower and budget by the big three is going to have some impact, although probably not as much as some hope. But regardless, Vettel is under contract for 2020 and is probably not going to leave before then. If he bounces back in the first half of 2020 (which is distinctly possible), then he could be there much longer. As it is, I don't think Mercedes and Ferrari will want to mix Hamilton and Verstappen or Leclerc and Verstappen. It is guaranteed conflict.

I suspect Verstappen will be at Red Bull for another 3 years.

yeah i would say 2022 if it goes badly if it goes well, maybe never. but like all F1 2021 is big thing

RasputinLives is not 4 consective poles & outqualifying teammate 9 times in a row not consistent enough

Last edited:
No. It's not about a purple patch. Everyone can be good for 5 minutes. It's about holding form for a prolonged period of time. LeClerc can show that over time.

Yea, I don't think we will really know where Vettel stands compared to Leclerc until the first half of next season. If Vettel does not have a competitive car, he gets demotivated and notoriously underperforms (unlike Alonso who kept putting together amazing performances in poor cars). He knows now that he can't win the WC this year, and drives like he does not really care. The early part of next season will be the key.

am I the only one who thinks that Alfa Romeo should give a chance to some of the deserving drivers (Buemi, Vergne, and possibly some from F2 or F3) rather than soldiering on with a driver with a lot of talent but who doesn't seem to care much and another drivers who looks worryingly out of his depth?

am I the only one who thinks that Alfa Romeo should give a chance to some of the deserving drivers (Buemi, Vergne, and possibly some from F2 or F3) rather than soldiering on with a driver with a lot of talent but who doesn't seem to care much and another drivers who looks worryingly out of his depth?
We need more teams !!!

Obviously, Raikkonen has marketing and media value and is good enough as a driver.

And in pure results terms Ralf was a bit shit compared to Michael. :ok:
In pure result terms who wasn’t shit compared M. Schumacher between 1994-2004?
Mika Hakkinen is the only driver I can think of. Hill and Villeneuve each had one to two good years and the fell off. M. Schumacher completely dominated the sport for a decade and it wasn’t just down to the car.
He also said that he considers his brother to be more talented but just a tad too lazy to fulfil his potential.

i agree but vergne & buemi has said they only come back for midfield team

How about a CTA poll: Should Button make a comeback?

Well, I don't think there are any openings in 2020 expect Alfa and Williams. He might find a slot in 2021 (Mercedes #2 seat, McLaren). But, he won't be coming back, there is a new generation of drivers who have arrived who are very good. It is not like the early 1980s, when they were trying to tempt drivers out of retirement.

Last edited:
jenson button was my favourite F1 driver. but no he was a fantastic driver, the greatest driver in changeable conditions f1 seen & was still at top of his game when he left but dont by honda huge troubles. but its been too long & he would be 40 by the time 2020 season started & look at how much bar montreal & Valencia 2012. if Schumacher struggled worry for button.

only 9 drivers have won a race over 40 8 of them were between 1951 & 1970. only expection being mansell in adelaide 1994. only 3 of the 26 drivers over 40 on podium. happened in the last 35 years Laffite Mansell & Schumacher

Max and ALBON confirmed this morning on twitter.
Screenshot 2019-11-12 at 10.26.29.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom