2020 Silly Season

or red bull that rumour that still never been denied & would make sense to give the young driver programme a chance to catch up. Ferrari do like Hulkenburg they had eyes on him before.

but I was listen to beyond the grid the ross brawn Micheal Schumacher podcast fasintating everyone should listen some stuff we know some we don't like how he came back into the garage in 1997 at jerez fuming & convinced that Villenueve had driven into him, to bemusement of everyone on the pit wall. then they showed him footage & he went quiet. anyway I digress the was a quote about trio piquet sr, moreno & schumacher that I thought was fascinating because you could take that from 1992 apply it to today change the names to Vettel Kimi Leclerc & you wouldn't know the difference.

Piquet sr made a big fuss over dropping of moreno, because he had moreno where he wanted he him & knew he had him beat, suddenly this new kid on the block is beating the multiple world champion, wasn't interested in what piquet wanted. piquet ended up leaving at the end of that season because he could sense the writing was on the wall, as he knew which way the team was going to be going. its a cruel way in that environment you don't choose your direction its chosen for you by the people in team, if Michael was faster, younger & the prospect. you show respect to driver but you naturally follow the main lead & go around the youngster. even though nelson had a good relationship with the team he could tell his time was over a Benetton

I'm frankly amazed that Haas are keeping Grosjean, they know better than I do but in their shoes I don't think I'd have kept him. Oh well, that's two more seats confirmed then. Looks like we will most likely be waving goodbye to Nice Hulkenberg at the end of this year then.

F1Brits_90 I'd be surprised if Red Bull went Hulkenberg. Red Bull actually have some decent drivers in their youth system again Vips, Noda, Lawson etc. Give one more year to Gasly and they'll be ready. That would have given Gasly 3 years in F1 which is about average for a Red Bull junior.

That is what I would have done. In the end, Grosjean is a guy that is occasionally magic in the car. He is likely to get higher than expected results. I would be loathe to get rid of him, especially as he has been consistently faster than Magnussen the entire time. Now, I do consider Hulkenberg to be better than Magnussen, but do I replace a guy who has been consistently getting good results for me?

yes hulkenburg isnt that desperate. i would guess it latifi "bought" that seat

i said this in feburary and worse case has played out

you make a good point. it could go pearshaped i remember hearing something cant remember if it was testing or a podcast. but someone made great point. kubica up til now its a brilliant feel good point & we are proud that he has got back to F1 which seemed impossible. but once qualifying starts that ends & he becomes just 1 of 20 drivers & if russell outqualifies him by 1/2second the sympathy will vanish

Kubica leaving doesn't surprise me. It wasn't exactly the fairytale come back to F1 he'd hoped for was it? He's struggled all the year so it's probably for the best for him.

It shows Haas don't know what they are doing . I've read through Crash.net today and the main things were that

Steiner said that "Haas wanted continuity and Grosjean was on asset in helping develop the car and is a very good driver on his day "

"It was a close call between Hulkenberg and Grosjean"

"No offer was made to Hulkenberg and he did not make himself available"

Hulkenberg had there were offers being made and he is not desperate to stay in F1. It probably means he has a deal in:rolleyes::facepalm: Formula E with Porsche or a WEC offer

--------------------------

Kubica will leave Williams and the favourite for the seat is Latifi "Oh boy "

:facepalm::facepalm:Another Lance Stroll situation when will Claire Williams learn

Il_leone Porsche have already confirmed their driver line up as Jani and Lotterer. There is the Teechetah seat alongside JEV which would fit but the problem with anyone switching to Formula E this year is that the new Formula E season starts in November before the F1 and F2 season ends. It would mean switching prior to a contract end or coming in at the third race.

Il_leone Porsche have already confirmed their driver line up as Jani and Lotterer. There is the Teechetah seat alongside JEV which would fit but the problem with anyone switching to Formula E this year is that the new Formula E season starts in November before the F1 and F2 season ends. It would mean switching prior to a contract end or coming in at the third race.

I suspect then WEC is where Hulkenberg will go given he's won Le Mans already

Ruslan Hulkenberg does not want to be at Williams just to make up the numbers
No, and I would not recommend that either. He is a good enough driver that maybe he should considering taking the year mostly off and wait. About half the seasons, a seat opens up during the season. He would be a prime candidate to be called back in. But, at this point, I think the only seats left open are Williams (which need $$$) and maybe Alfa. It appears the rest of the grid is set.

Last edited:
Steiner said that "Haas wanted continuity and Grosjean was on asset in helping develop the car and is a very good driver on his day "

"It was a close call between Hulkenberg and Grosjean"

Actually I would agree with that, especially the "very good driver on his day" part. Parallels what I was saying before. Hmmm.....I think like an F1 team principal. Maybe I choose the wrong career. ;)

Back
Top Bottom