Rugby 2019 Rugby World Cup

Not for the all blacks with something to prove apparently!

true but its game no one interested in. i remember 3rd place play off in football world cup. fans arent up for it, players arent 100% motivated just prolonging agony when they would rather be at home. i only watched the england 2018 game out of national loyalty. i think it was a short of 31m for the semi final 9.8m for 3rd place play off even the group game v beligum got twice that

i dont know if its nerves, after the lords mayors parade but that 1st half but i think england has been poor to my untrained eye. so many unforced errors, missed chances & penalties given away defence hasnt looked as secure as it did v new zealand

but feel for Sincklair world cup final over in 2 & half mins. through unfortunate injury

Last edited:
have to give to South Africa fully deserved. been best team all over the pitch. England a shadow of the team that beat New Zealand. started poorly & carried with so many errors. couldnt cope with scrum

& I think that kick at 15-9 was a huge turning point because 15-12 turned into 18-9 & england couldnt come back from that

Last edited:
England gave away too many penalties and in poor places as well; to be fair to them the South Afrcans were putting tremendous pressure right from the kick off.

The best team won.

also its not often, but im too bad about losing mainly because were such 2nd best by a mile. but maybe it was fate in the stars that south Africa won because with Chester Williams passing away on eve of the world cup. the huge effect of learning about siya kolisi story growing up in a township with his grandparents & going to being the 1st black captain to lift the trophy. story did get me emotional

There was only one team in it. It wasn't pretty but was very effective.

South Africa were the better team, played harder, played tighter and England had no answers.

I didn't think we'd get past the quarters so what do I know?

LOL

To be fair, I never expected we'd be in the final. The best team did win on the day. I'm just disappointed we didn't play better!

Dont know if anyone would have seen it over that side of the world but 3 rugby league tests that finished just prior to world cup final kick off.
Fiji defeated Samoa 44-18, New Zealand defeated England 12-8 and what is arguably the biggest upset in international Rugby League history Tonga defeated Australia 16-12.
First time the Aussies have lost to a team other than New Zealand or England in 41 years. The Aussies werent at their best but Tonga were just brilliant. Fantastic for Rugby League to have another country that can match it with the best. Tonga have now defeated Australia New Zealand and England in the last 12 months all as a result of player choosing to play for Tonga over Aus or NZ. Over half the team are eligible to play for other countries but have declared their allegiance to Tonga.

England have never been the same since Pete ("Lart") Larter retired.

What this short biog does not say is that when he was posted to RAF North Luffenham he was greeted by Corporaal Bill Boddy; when asked where the nearest big rugby union team was the aforesaid Corporal referred him to Northampton. They have never thanked me.

Dont know if anyone would have seen it over that side of the world but 3 rugby league tests that finished just prior to world cup final kick off.
Fiji defeated Samoa 44-18, New Zealand defeated England 12-8 and what is arguably the biggest upset in international Rugby League history Tonga defeated Australia 16-12.
First time the Aussies have lost to a team other than New Zealand or England in 41 years. The Aussies werent at their best but Tonga were just brilliant. Fantastic for Rugby League to have another country that can match it with the best. Tonga have now defeated Australia New Zealand and England in the last 12 months all as a result of player choosing to play for Tonga over Aus or NZ. Over half the team are eligible to play for other countries but have declared their allegiance to Tonga.

reading a interesting article on the tongan revieval in league, which is good because I hear it all the time about what fiji or tonga would be like if all the players who play for New Zealand Australia England. they be contenders

Back
Top Bottom